UNC

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Danny Hall is done. Overstayed his time. Have fun rooting for this team and program. As much as I love GT sports, I have lost faith in Hall. Good luck. I used to attend many home games. I don't anymore.

Selah.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Danny Hall is done. Overstayed his time. Have fun rooting for this team and program. As much as I love GT sports, I have lost faith in Hall. Good luck. I used to attend many home games. I don't anymore.

Selah.
Somebody is cynical today. I mean it's not like we're 4 games into the ACC season and have a really young pitching staff. Hall deserves to stay as long as he wants and I still plan on attending any game that I can.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
GT gave away the game yesterday on a number of misplays.
I might add that Conner Thomas dressed out yesterday for the first time. Really puzzled.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Somebody is cynical today. I mean it's not like we're 4 games into the ACC season and have a really young pitching staff. Hall deserves to stay as long as he wants and I still plan on attending any game that I can.

The stay as long as he wants is a horrible mentality. That's exactly why we got into the situation with Hewitt that has crippled us for years and years. Nobody's job status should be untouchable.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The stay as long as he wants is a horrible mentality. That's exactly why we got into the situation with Hewitt that has crippled us for years and years. Nobody's job status should be untouchable.
Someone who has only missed the NCAA Tournament twice in his 20+ seasons and taken us to Omaha 3 times should be untouchable.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree that no coach's job status should be untouchable. I could never be an AD who has to make those decisions. I'm just a fan of the team. I value what Coach Hall has done over a long career. I want to see him turn it around... get back to Omaha even.

I respect yours & others point of view on this. There have been quite a few thoughtful & compelling points made for the "his time has passed" side of the argument. Until the team does improve, he's going to hear that drumbeat get louder & louder.

The Hewitt comparison? I am not an expert; but I don't think we've signed CDH to a contract (ever) anywhere close to as crippling as Hewitt's was. While that "mentality" may be similar... the finances are not. Others may correct me on that.

Deleted member 2897

Selah.

I know this is going to come off as a personal attack, and I don't wish it to. Promise. But true fans don't stop being fans. You can complain and second guess the coaching, but don't stop supporting the team.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I didn't say the finances were similar. However, the thought of we should keep this guy forever is similar.

I still support the team personally, but that doesn't mean I'm inaccurate in believing we can do better coaching wise than we have for a good while now. One of those 3 Omaha trips was 23 years ago. We get too much talent for our lack of postseason success the last decade or so.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone who has only missed the NCAA Tournament twice in his 20+ seasons and taken us to Omaha 3 times should be untouchable.

That depends on the sport. If it were basketball, we would rename Georgia Tech after that coach. If it's baseball, where we have many advantages, including the HOPE scholarship and boatloads of local talent, that's not the case. Especially considering his record in the NCAA Tournament.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
That depends on the sport. If it were basketball, we would rename Georgia Tech after that coach. If it's baseball, where we have many advantages, including the HOPE scholarship and boatloads of local talent, that's not the case. Especially considering his record in the NCAA Tournament.
I'm pretty sure that he has a winning record in the tourney. Hall gets us to the tourney and the only way to get to Omaha is to make it to the tourney in the first place. Once you're in, anything can happen because it's baseball. He has also won multiple ACC championships and the last couple of years we have fought back to face the 1 seed in the regionals with very little pitching depth. I want us to get back to Omaha very badly too, but I believe that Hall is our best chance to get back there. The last couple of years have just been plagued with pitching injuries, so it might be time for another pitching coach, but not another head coach.

Tech could have any coach it desired to replace Danny Hall. We are a blue blood in college baseball as far as program stature goes. Unlike other sports at Tech, baseball has an advantage to other regional programs. Jim Morris and Danny Hall both deserve all the credit they get for building the program. Just like when Bobby C's time was up. Danny's is on the horizon. The two ACC tourney crowns were more about a mediocre team getting hot at the right time than anything eles. Those two ACC Championship teams both flamed out in the regionals. It is a simple question. Do you like where the program is and that is below .500 in conf play (last year ended the season below.500) and begging for a chance to be a 2nd or 3rd seed in someone else's regional. While still bringing in top 20 recruiting classes every year.