UNC vs Tech point spread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I can't remember but it seems like when he was ejected that was the turning point as we could get much pressure on the quarterback. Watching it at home, I thought the call was bogus but then I don't have a 6'5 monster bearing down on me with wicked intent.
He did not hit with the crown of his head and he did not lower his head. He was practically vertical when he tackled the quarterback. I think the call was simply because the quarterback was hit in the neck/head area but I did not like the call. It was not targeting, certainly not intentional and should not have ejected him from the game.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
don’t sleep on Virginia either they got a quarterback that’s playing lights out and big physical wide receivers and tight ends. I honestly think other than Miami every team that we play from hear on is more improved from last year. ND maybe a little less but we got them away so that game is going to be tough anyway. Every game for now on is going to be a dog fight for us to win. Gong to be interesting for sure to see how this plays out.
Don't sleep on the GT team! They've got me really jazzed up.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I was at the game. We hadn't stopped them all game and smelter scored with about 3 minutes left. Somewhere in there I think Gotsis got called for targeting their QB but it was face to face tackle. Home cooking?
I think the Gotsis face to face call was Ga Southern that year? It was early and at home I remember.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game. We hadn't stopped them all game and smelter scored with about 3 minutes left. Somewhere in there I think Gotsis got called for targeting their QB but it was face to face tackle. Home cooking?
I was also at that game and when he scored, I told my daughter that touchdown just lost us the game. I was kidding, but it turned out to be prophetic.

I also remember in that game some GT fans in our section got kicked out of the game because they were standing and cheering too much and the UNC fans didn’t like people standing up in front of them. Very little (if any) warning given by the police.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
We sustained drives against the best defense in the country. I think we could sustain drives against UNC.
Sustaining drives is one thing, finishing with a TD is another.

I like what our line was able to do against a high-end d line, but we're going to need to find the end zone to keep up with the tar holes.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Ut was UNC and it changed the game.

b3b0c9bb1decc37f73061b018e37caf1c07b673f

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I had tickets in the UNC section given to me. They were all yelling for their players to knock JT out of the game.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
And this picture makes it look worse than it was. If I remember right, Gotsis basically super hugged the QB and his momentum knocked the QB over. No launching, no hits with the crown. Awful call.
I my memory has it much more violent than that. I thought the refs threw the flag more because they felt bad for the guy. I know he put his face mask on his chest and the top of his helmet hit the face ask if the qb. I think that was the justification.