UNC vs Tech point spread

dcall

Georgia Tech Fan
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but I think this could end up being Yates best game. His uncle was one of the best under center for UNC so I'm sure he wants to show out.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we will do well against UNC. Watching the condensed games, they ran the score up on UVA after their D was gassed. Their defense doesn't look that elite to me. Their secondary is good but not ELITE. If CGC says otherwise…

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Unc is going to be probably our toughest opponent this year other than uga and the best quarterback and offense we will see. It going to take everything thing we got to beat them and hope we didn’t exert all of out energy from the Clemson game Bc that was a tough physical game we played on Saturday

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Unc is going to be probably our toughest opponent this year other than uga and the best quarterback and offense we will see. It going to take everything thing we got to beat them and hope we didn’t exert all of out energy from the Clemson game Bc that was a tough physical game we played on Saturday
Maybe this year will be the opposite of 2014. We had a nearly unstoppable offense that year and they managed to beat us 48-43.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I agree we need to run the ball and slow the game down. But I’m not sure our OL is capable of sustaining drives. OL has been the biggest disappointment of this season so far. I wish they hadn’t hyped them up so much this off-season.
We sustained drives against the best defense in the country. I think we could sustain drives against UNC.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Anyone that has watched UNC I know their offense is good to above avg but how good is their defense against the pass and run , what defense do they use do they blitz a lot some none ?
Against UVA they blitzed, with very limited success. UVA has a veteran line that is outstanding in pass protection but the Cavaliers could not run the ball with only 21 yards rushing.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think we played our best game of the year against Clemson, last week. With that said, UNC has a much better offense. We have zero pass rush... I think they throw the ball for 300, maybe 400 yards. I am hoping that our offense can wake up and play against a P5 school and actually score some points. I have zero confidence in ****.. We get the doors blown off us, in the one, I think. UNC 44 GT 21

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
don’t sleep on Virginia either they got a quarterback that’s playing lights out and big physical wide receivers and tight ends. I honestly think other than Miami every team that we play from hear on is more improved from last year. ND maybe a little less but we got them away so that game is going to be tough anyway. Every game for now on is going to be a dog fight for us to win. Gong to be interesting for sure to see how this plays out.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
don’t sleep on Virginia either they got a quarterback that’s playing lights out and big physical wide receivers and tight ends. I honestly think other than Miami every team that we play from hear on is more improved from last year. ND maybe a little less but we got them away so that game is going to be tough anyway. Every game for now on is going to be a dog fight for us to win. Gong to be interesting for sure to see how this plays out.
Couldn’t agree more. These next 7 games are very winnable with ND just being winnable. Not sure why everyone is thinking because of a stronger offense at UNC it’s suddenly not winnable. UNC defense is not CU defense. I like our chances even if it does become a track meet. We have depth and seniority in the secondary that I think would give us an edge that UVA doesn’t have. This 3-3-5 scheme adds more speed to the defense to also keep the run game in check.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
That UVA QB is a pretty decent throwing QB.
He is more than just decent but hard to tell behind that line. He had all day to throw most of the time and they have very good receivers but perhaps not with the big play ability of UNC's Downs. I was very impressed with the offenses of both UVA and UNC...the defenses? Not so much.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game. We hadn't stopped them all game and smelter scored with about 3 minutes left. Somewhere in there I think Gotsis got called for targeting their QB but it was face to face tackle. Home cooking?
I can't remember but it seems like when he was ejected that was the turning point as we could get much pressure on the quarterback. Watching it at home, I thought the call was bogus but then I don't have a 6'5 monster bearing down on me with wicked intent.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I think when a replay ref sees the defender drop his chin, even ever so slightly, you're doomed to being ejected.