UNC vs. GT - 12pm Kickoff - ESPN2

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I think GT gets less respect than any team in the ACC.

Win more games and we will get more respect (except from the ACC but that's another story) Besides you young people are spoiled. For many years all during the 50s and 60s and to a lesser extent the 70s you got only one or two college games on national TV. Then there was "regional action" which meant that your team MIGHT be on TV once or twice a year. Some teams especially in the ACC would literally go years without being on TV. ESPN and the regional networks like JP and Raycom changed all that sometime in the 1980s. So be thankful for what we have. Besides I would rather be at the game and then watch it on GT Bob's you tube.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It's tough when you're from out of town. Earliest flight I'm willing to take puts me at Airport Marta at 1000. By 1030 I'm heading to hotel to drop my bag. You can't bring beer on the plane so by the time you're out of the package store it's 1100 leaving a precious hour to spare. My youth having long departed I can suck 1 cold one down on the way to the stadium. Food is out of the question. Maybe that's for the best but I do prefer to sit around before the game and talk to old friends/ have a couple of cold ones without being rushed and I actually like watching the team warm up before the game. Noon starts really blows for my preferred pre-game routine. Just feels like work getting to the game.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
  • Not Home- UCF was suppose to be at night
  • Not Home - Miami game may be at night
  • Wake might be a 3:30 game if we win the previous 3 games
  • Not Home - Clemson should be at night
  • VT will be at night if we win 3 out of the last 5 games as GT/VT will be in contention?
  • UGA will not be at night but could be 3:30...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Whiteout shirts - http://gatech.bncollege.com/webapp/...toreId=15054&productId=400000338572&langId=-1

LARGEIMAGE_1280993.jpg

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It's tough when you're from out of town. Earliest flight I'm willing to take puts me at Airport Marta at 1000. By 1030 I'm heading to hotel to drop my bag. You can't bring beer on the plane so by the time you're out of the package store it's 1100 leaving a precious hour to spare. My youth having long departed I can suck 1 cold one down on the way to the stadium. Food is out of the question. Maybe that's for the best but I do prefer to sit around before the game and talk to old friends/ have a couple of cold ones without being rushed and I actually like watching the team warm up before the game. Noon starts really blows for my preferred pre-game routine. Just feels like work getting to the game.
You can't bring beer on the plane, true, but you can bring nips on the plane. Just load up a quart size ziploc bag with a handful of your favorite nips and have the flight attendants bring you mixers. Boom, problem solved.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
We are also terrible for the tv networks. Our games don't have as many commercial breaks because we aren't running hunh spreads that have 1:30 drives. They lose commercial revenue on us so of course the networks won't want us in prime time

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We are also terrible for the tv networks. Our games don't have as many commercial breaks because we aren't running hunh spreads that have 1:30 drives. They lose commercial revenue on us so of course the networks won't want us in prime time
I have never thought of this but it makes sense.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
You'd better believe that they get their ad revenue in one way or the other. One team's offense is not going to stop this. They make up for this through either: a. longer commercial breaks (i.e. 4 minutes vs 3 minutes) or b. ads at abnormal times (i.e. break after a touchdown and another after the ensuing kickoff).

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You'd better believe that they get their ad revenue in one way or the other. One team's offense is not going to stop this. They make up for this through either: a. longer commercial breaks (i.e. 4 minutes vs 3 minutes) or b. ads at abnormal times (i.e. break after a touchdown and another after the ensuing kickoff).
Agree they will get them in one way or the other.