UNC Postgame

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We did once, it went for a first down if I remember correctly.
you're correct.. .to the left side...

I was wondering about the times he was "in the slot"... apparently he was on the line of scrimmage and wasn't an eligible receiver, just wish we'd have adjusted the ''line set " to make him eligible at the last moment... :banghead:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
As you know, you must have 7 on the LOS. If he were to be in the backfield the A back on the other side would have to line up on the LOS.
I hoped they would shift before the snap (slot move back, A back move up) but they never did.
was typing that in the response above... :D

Just :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Papa Doc

Georgia Tech Fan
Chillax everyone! Last year was an aberration, not this year. Remember all the turn overs that led to scores for us? Once in a decade kind of numbers. We really can still get to six wins this year. Get your room reservations for El Paso!

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Just curious, were you saying this in January as well?

I've honestly always liked Paul. I wanted him while he was at Navy, I just figured he needed time to build a program because a program isn't built over night, but it's been 8 years. There is no excuse for many of the problems we have. You may say "We are young too many inexpiernced players at skill positions." Which goes back on PJ for having a piss poor class in 2013. Or the fact that we have 4 experienced offensive lineman who look like first year starters or you could point to the fact we have zero passing game. We do nothing to better our situation there either. It's just sad that we can't better utilize players to fit their abilities instead of putting a square peg in a round hole.

Last edited:

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
John, the ONE time today a slant was thrown was to Stewart on a 2nd and 14, he promptly gained 16. Never saw it again. I just don't know. Multiple times today Stewart was in the slot, uncovered, and not even a look his way!
Not looking through the rest of the responses but we did run it on a 4th and 5 and did not get it.

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
View attachment 1220 Thought this picture was pretty telling... Not what you want to see out of your starting qb and team captain at one of the crucial moments in the game (4th down losing by 3 late in the 4th qtr). At this point I'm not sure the mental toughness is there this year
Troubling. Wish your photo had shown scoreboard with clock, downs and score.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
It's 3rd and goal from the one and Carolina's Entire defense is in the box and we try to run our little QB up the middle. Now it's 4th and goal surely we won't try that again WRONG. We have a 240 lb bback maybe give him a shot to move the pile at least once . Better yet why not spread the field with a few wideouts and force some of those defenders out of the box?