UGA visiting Tech again

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe a better question to ask is what is Tech charging them to use the facilities?

What would we charge Alabama to use them?

If the UGA usage fee is a (un)reasonable multiplier, then OK.

THWG!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Honest opinion on this one fellows:

We should graciously allow them to use our facilities in this situation... and we should extend all reasonable courtesies while doing it.

To do otherwise, in this specific circumstance, is unbecoming... it will present a look of pettiness and insecurity... plus, it’s just bad mojo.

They earned their way to the game... it appears that TStan is demonstrating some leadership and vision to give us our best opportunity to be back in that spotlight where we belong... I’m committed, as a fan, to doing my part... can’t come soon enough
This is absolutely correct but I'm not allowed to be the first to say it because I'm a dawg lover to some.

Sportsmanship takes precedent. Or rather it should.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I understand what you are saying and respect your opinion and I'm sure others feel the same way. But who are we worried about showing bad mojo? Do you really think this would change their fans opinion of Tech ? If it was an ACC team I say welcome , even a Big 10, Pac 12 or Big 12 I would have no problem. It's uga nothing we do or say will change the way uga looks at us. If I was them I would want to practice on a local high school field would be better PR.
It shouldn't be about how they look at us or how others look at us, but rather how we look at us. And, in a way, how we look at them and the rest of the world. There's clean-old-fashioned hate and then there's dirty-old-fashioned hate. For GT, we are who we are, and nobody else defines us, Ugag or otherwise. We are bigger than football or even a NC. They are our rival and we should strive to beat the snot out of them on the field and in all things regarding that competition, but off the field, we should be good neighbors. Because that's who we are (or should be).

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
It shouldn't be about how they look at us or how others look at us, but rather how we look at us. And, in a way, how we look at them and the rest of the world. There's clean-old-fashioned hate and then there's dirty-old-fashioned hate. For GT, we are who we are, and nobody else defines us, Ugag or otherwise. We are bigger than football or even a NC. They are our rival and we should strive to beat the snot out of them on the field and in all things regarding that competition, but off the field, we should be good neighbors. Because that's who we are...and who they aren't.
ftfy...;)

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Its petty to not allow someone you don't like into your house? Why are they entitled to use it?
Sorry for the delay Wreckin... Had the dreaded “Christmas Tree to the basement” duty this afternoon!

I agree with you completely that they, nor any other team, are entitled to use our facilities.

It is just my view that the best interests of Georgia Tech are served by cooperating with the CFP committee and the City of Atlanta as a “host” to the event.

Bottom line: They are not entitled to use our facilities, but if we have pre-arranged to host one of the teams or if one of the teams asks us, we should graciously agree to host them.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Taking a piece of their stinkin' hedge is a tradition by a lot of teams that beat UGAG and I haven't got a problem with it.

The good ones don’t (bama) AFAIK.

We should expect to beat them, so there should be no need to touch their infestation. Honestly, it is called Class.

And, IF our facilities are used by a team in this upcoming game, I do not know why so many think this is some last minute decision, and how we suddenly would be able to charge someone for use.

If it happens, again IF, this has been decided long ago.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

We should expect to beat them, so there should be no need to touch their infestation. Honestly, it is called Class.

And, IF our facilities are used by a team in this upcoming game, I do not know why so many think this is some last minute decision, and how we suddenly would be able to charge someone for use.

If it happens, again IF, this has been decided long ago.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand what you are saying and respect your opinion and I'm sure others feel the same way. But who are we worried about showing bad mojo? Do you really think this would change their fans opinion of Tech ? If it was an ACC team I say welcome , even a Big 10, Pac 12 or Big 12 I would have no problem. It's uga nothing we do or say will change the way uga looks at us. If I was them I would want to practice on a local high school field would be better PR.
The bad mojo concern would be one of the perception of a national audience as they watch the inevitable ESPN “cut-away” side story about how we, as THE P5 program in the host city, declined to assist with the facilitation of the event. We, as fans, might think it is funny, but I’m quite confident that the national perception and “spin” would miss the humor and we would be made to look petty, insecure, and goofy.

My desire is for us to focus on recruiting and getting our new defensive staff kicking it up a notch or three... I want TV coverage showing a flyover of our beautiful stadium and talking about what a treasure we are to Atlanta and the State, not talking about us declining the use of facilities for a day or two.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Maybe a better question to ask is what is Tech charging them to use the facilities?

What would we charge Alabama to use them?

If the UGA usage fee is a (un)reasonable multiplier, then OK.

THWG!

If it happens we are not charging anyone.

If we get any money it was because it was negotiated when ATL was awarded the game.

Nobody is all of a sudden asking us to use our facility and asking how much.

We should expect to beat them, so there should be no need to touch their infestation.
Since Georgia and Bama so seldom play each other, I doubt there's enough info to say that. But it sure wouldn't surprise me if they do, since everybody else does. It will be a LONG time before we know though, because, although they play AT Bama in 2020, they don't have a home game with them up until at least 2025

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
I understand everyone HATES the Mutts, but this presents a very interesting possibility. UGA uses our facility and loses to Bama, which I truly believe they will, then we can say it was the COFH Curse that caused that loss. Similar to when the Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees and that started the curse of the BAMBINO for almost 80 years in the City of Boston. The GT Yellow Jackets Hex!

If they win, which I seriously doubt, then GT can say the only reason they won was because the Yellow Jackets were gracious enough to allow them to use our facilities.

In reality, does anyone think Kirby Smart will out coach Nick Saban in a BIG Game? I think not! After all, OU handed UGA the Rose Bowl Game by going conservative in the second half. Along with that very stupid squib kick with 5 seconds left in the half.

I understand everyone HATES the Mutts, but this presents a very interesting possibility. UGA uses our facility and loses to Bama, which I truly believe they will, then we can say it was the COFH Curse that caused that loss. Similar to when the Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees and that started the curse of the BAMBINO for almost 80 years in the City of Boston. The GT Yellow Jackets Hex!

If they win, which I seriously doubt, then GT can say the only reason they won was because the Yellow Jackets were gracious enough to allow them to use our facilities.

In reality, does anyone think Kirby Smart will out coach Nick Saban in a BIG Game? I think not! After all, OU handed UGA the Rose Bowl Game by going conservative in the second half. Along with that very stupid squib kick with 5 seconds left in the half.
I agree. The OU coach lost that game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Belongs in a separate thread but...Bama has a better Dline....uga has a better team.

As for coaches...I don’t think either are incompetent. Saban has more experience in these situations by far. Kirby has a better idea how Saban will call the game than Saban probably does for Smart.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
In case no one read the follow ups on that original tweet, it was ENTIRELY speculation by that twitter account, with zero knowledge or any kind of info to go on.
With that out of the way, my general opinion is “no” to ever letting them in our facilities unless forced to by law. It’s not fear, insecurity, or anything like that, it’s purely out of glorious justifiable hate. We have nothing to gain extending any general hospitality towards them.
As for their hedges, I don’t have a problem with our players taking pieces of the hedges when we win there. It’s not like we completely destroy them, it’s a few small pieces. Then you add in how uga cuts them back after the season to re-grow for the next season and it’s literally harmless. If they don’t want people to take some trimmings, they shouldn’t have put an overgrown weed on the sidelines.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The bad mojo concern would be one of the perception of a national audience as they watch the inevitable ESPN “cut-away” side story about how we, as THE P5 program in the host city, declined to assist with the facilitation of the event. We, as fans, might think it is funny, but I’m quite confident that the national perception and “spin” would miss the humor and we would be made to look petty, insecure, and goofy.

IMO, I think that making a decision based off what others might think is never a good idea. Make decisions based on logic and/or integrity. In the end, once a decision is made, the decision maker(s) is the only one who will have to live with the decision.

Regardless, I think if this “use of facilities” rumor turns out to be true then this would’ve probably been agreed upon at the same time Mercedes-Benz and Atlanta was awarded the contract to host the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Belongs in a separate thread but...Bama has a better Dline....uga has a better team.

As for coaches...I don’t think either are incompetent. Saban has more experience in these situations by far. Kirby has a better idea how Saban will call the game than Saban probably does for Smart.

I'm with you, i think uga has way too much firepower for Bama to contain for an entire game, plus Bama's offense is a joke, bama's defense will wear down in the 2nd half.

And if uga wants to use our facilities then sure but we need to sabatoge them somehow, like release the stomach flu in there and/or broadcast their practice live over the internet, definitely turn on the fire sprinkler system.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Since Georgia and Bama so seldom play each other, I doubt there's enough info to say that. But it sure wouldn't surprise me if they do, since everybody else does. It will be a LONG time before we know though, because, although they play AT Bama in 2020, they don't have a home game with them up until at least 2025

They did not the last 2 times they played there. I got a chance to go to both and was specifically watching for that.

One was the “black out “ fiasco - glorious beatdown!

Other was when ugag players were taunting bama players coming on the field pregame. And understand, I hate bama.

Don’t know if Saban said do not do it, or if bama players were like “we just beat the **** out of ugag like we should. Big deal”