UGA visiting Tech again

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This.

Initially I was saying “hell nah!!!” But the more I think about it the more positives I see.

Vamps has a point. Plus....we can video record their entire practice sessions and gift copies of sane to Saban for game prep. Win win.

Anybody else want to go to the Student Health Center waiting room and round up a bunch of contagious folks for a 'football facility tour'?

Or chip in to get Chipotle catering for the training table?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Anybody else want to go to the Student Health Center waiting room and round up a bunch of contagious folks for a 'football facility tour'?

Or chip in to get Chipotle catering for the training table?

See, this is the creative problem solving that's missing from our fans.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
If they use our facility I will not donate any money in 2018. This would piss me off big time.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
It might be due to an agreement made with city of Atlanta / Chick-fil-A to host national champ teams....for which they may not have anticipated uga participanting in. Just speculating.

This makes a LOT of sense. I would still think that given the proximity of both schools to ATL, they may stay on their respective campuses for pactices until they were required to be in the city. Given the Falcons are playing in LA this weekend, walkthroughs could be scheduled for the Dome on Sunday.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Honest opinion on this one fellows:

We should graciously allow them to use our facilities in this situation... and we should extend all reasonable courtesies while doing it.

To do otherwise, in this specific circumstance, is unbecoming... it will present a look of pettiness and insecurity... plus, it’s just bad mojo.

They earned their way to the game... it appears that TStan is demonstrating some leadership and vision to give us our best opportunity to be back in that spotlight where we belong... I’m committed, as a fan, to doing my part... can’t come soon enough

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer

We should graciously allow them to use our facilities in this situation... and we should extend all reasonable courtesies while doing it.

To do otherwise, in this specific circumstance, is unbecoming... it will present a look of pettiness and insecurity... plus, it’s just bad mojo.

They earned their way to the game... it appears that TStan is demonstrating some leadership and vision to give us our best opportunity to be back in that spotlight where we belong... I’m committed, as a fan, to doing my part... can’t come soon enough
I'm with you on this. At the very least, do it to show that we are better people/human beings. I was very impressed that the dwag players didn't destroy BDS after COFH. Whether they were ordered to act like they have been there before or not, we should follow suit.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

It wouldn't be petty to tell uga no. It would be smart

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm with you on this. At the very least, do it to show that we are better people/human beings. I was very impressed that the dwag players didn't destroy BDS after COFH. Whether they were ordered to act like they have been there before or not, we should follow suit.
No, UGAG would never extend that courtesy to GT if the Championship Game was in Athens and GT was taking part in it. GT shouldn't allow them to practice on any of the athletic facilities at GT!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

This is, of course, is exactly correct.

If it happens I have no doubt it was due to the overall bidding process of securing the game, not unlike the Chik bowl.

There is no way we are suddenly going to allow some participant to use our facility and we are allowed to say “hmm, wonder if we can charge them $1,000,000.” This is silly.

My concern, if any, are their inbred fans being allowed on our campus either to potentially watch practice or before game. Keep them out.

Are not GT students back in class?

And I am glad GTJoeBrew referenced their players lack of “destruction” to our field after COFH. I hope our players stop taking pieces of their stupid hedge. I don’t want anything of theirs. Especially something in my mouth that their inbred mascot and their fans have vomited and pissed on.

I wish we could grow up past that childish display and act like WE have been there.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
This is, of course, is exactly correct.

If it happens I have no doubt it was due to the overall bidding process of securing the game, not unlike the Chik bowl.

There is no way we are suddenly going to allow some participant to use our facility and we are allowed to say “hmm, wonder if we can charge them $1,000,000.” This is silly.

My concern, if any, are their inbred fans being allowed on our campus either to potentially watch practice or before game. Keep them out.

Are not GT students back in class?

And I am glad GTJoeBrew referenced their players lack of “destruction” to our field after COFH. I hope our players stop taking pieces of their stupid hedge. I don’t want anything of theirs. Especially something in my mouth that their inbred mascot and their fans have vomited and pissed on.

I wish we could grow up past that childish display and act like WE have been there.
Taking a piece of their stinkin' hedge is a tradition by a lot of teams that beat UGAG and I haven't got a problem with it.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

Its petty to not allow someone you don't like into your house? Why are they entitled to use it?

stech81

Helluva Engineer

I understand what you are saying and respect your opinion and I'm sure others feel the same way. But who are we worried about showing bad mojo? Do you really think this would change their fans opinion of Tech ? If it was an ACC team I say welcome , even a Big 10, Pac 12 or Big 12 I would have no problem. It's uga nothing we do or say will change the way uga looks at us. If I was them I would want to practice on a local high school field would be better PR.