UGA Postgame

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not buying the "young guy" theory anymore on offense. They played 12 games and never got better. If Skov was 1/3 as good as we had last year we win 6 games. MM doesn't look like he's what we need at BB either. He's a dancer. we need a N/S runner with a little wiggle and the heart to punish the D line and LB er's. Allen looked the best, but the kid couldn't stay healthy. TB going down was an absolute killer. JT completed 10% of his passes. His arm looked weak 90% of the time. I'm not going to say "wait til next year" now. I need to see it to believe it. It's funny going back and reading what some said after last years's record setting year. Just wait until next year. We are really going to be good bc we got athletes on offense now. Please give me last year back with those kinds of players.

If it weren't for MM "dancing" we wouldn't have gotten anything on the dive today. There were several times where he side stepped a defender only to get up field to pick up 5+ yards. Would you prefer him to go straight north and south like Skov and run into the back of one of our lineman? The kid averaged 5 yards a pop today with all of his runs up the middle where there was little to no running room.

I just don't understand how people are down on Marshall. With all that was wrong with our offense this year, he has been one of the few bright spots. He averaged 7.6 yards/carry behind the worst offensive line we've had in years. He was in HS 6 months ago. I have a feeling he will be even more impressive next year with a full year of S&C as well as all offseason to get on the same page with Justin and the mesh. If he stays healthy next year, I can see him easily surpassing 1,000 yards.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
That team is awful and we found a way to lose by turning the ball over and coming up short in short yardage situations.

I chuckled every time I saw a post that said that the dwags are bad this season. Come on guys. We were 3-8 and they were 8-3 going into the game. Forget everything else, which is the bad team?

8-3 (now 9-3) is bad by UGA standards. It's a darn good record in general.

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
If it weren't for MM "dancing" we wouldn't have gotten anything on the dive today. There were several times where he side stepped a defender only to get up field to pick up 5+ yards. Would you prefer him to go straight north and south like Skov and run into the back of one of our lineman? The kid averaged 5 yards a pop today with all of his runs up the middle where there was little to no running room.

I just don't understand how people are down on Marshall. With all that was wrong with our offense this year, he has been one of the few bright spots. He averaged 7.6 yards/carry behind the worst offensive line we've had in years. He was in HS 6 months ago. I have a feeling he will be even more impressive next year with a full year of S&C as well as all offseason to get on the same page with Justin and the mesh. If he stays healthy next year, I can see him easily surpassing 1,000 yards.

I like Marcus. Like a few people have mentioned, he needs to hit the hole harder though.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
So we started to depend on luck to win games now? If you said 1-2 losses, you might have a point. But to blame all the losses on luck is a bit too far fetched to me.
I think that the numbers are so skewed seems to confirm it. And, yes, every team is dependent upon luck, but to varying degrees.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I just find it disturbing that we are constantly firing coaches. There is always a root problem.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
I asked a UGA friend of mine after the game today who was there signature win this year and he said Kentucky .....I kid you not Kentucky.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I asked a UGA friend of mine after the game today who was there signature win this year and he said Kentucky .....I kid you not Kentucky.

UGA only beat 2 teams with a winning record. Ga southern and Kentucky They are not a very good team. We are just a bad team

Last edited:

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I like Marcus. Like a few people have mentioned, he needs to hit the hole harder though.

I agree. There are several things he needs to work on, but he has the chance to be special before it's all said and done. There also weren't many holes to hit this year. If you watched Days closely last year, he made a lot of subtle cuts before the LOS as well. If I remember correctly, his long run in the Orange Bowl, he put his foot in the ground and bounced outside prior to getting to the LOS. Laskey was the guy that hit the hole quicker than anyone. Both can be successful in this offense, but I do agree that getting to the mesh quickly is very important. It helps the QB a lot. I think MM will get a lot better at this over the next year.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow

Stop with the "he was in HS" stuff. He's played 12 games. He ran the wrong way several times and his blocking was atrocious. At that position we can't afford to have 1 run of 6 yards then 3 runs of negative plays or no gain. Hit the hole hard and fast and run the track. That's what a bb needs to do. That position is key to the offense. Our offense sucked bc our BB's sucked this year

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
MM was a bright spot for GT today.
Lynch is a player.
GT needs a special player to break things open offensively. There's a 5* recruit set to visit that while a long shot I hope can be sold on how dynamic he would be in this offense.

I thought the D played OK overall but had to stay on the field too much. A lot to work on with the D. No pass rush. Porous run D. Find something to be good at.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I chuckled every time I saw a post that said that the dwags are bad this season. Come on guys. We were 3-8 and they were 8-3 going into the game. Forget everything else, which is the bad team?

8-3 (now 9-3) is bad by UGA standards. It's a darn good record in general.

Record is good. Team is average. i think their record might look a lot worse with our schedule

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
MM was a bright spot for GT today.
Lynch is a player.
GT needs a special player to break things open offensively. There's a 5* recruit set to visit that while a long shot I hope can be sold on how dynamic he would be in this offense.

I thought the D played OK overall but had to stay on the field too much. A lot to work on with the D. No pass rush. Porous run D. Find something to be good at.

Tough to say anything on offense was a bright spot. We looked awful. D was good. O was bad....actually, O was putrid for most of the game.

Marshall is going to be a good player, but I'm not sure he was a bright spot today.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Tough to say anything on offense was a bright spot. We looked awful. D was good. O was bad....actually, O was putrid for most of the game.

Marshall is going to be a good player, but I'm not sure he was a bright spot today.

We hope guys are going to be good players . I'll give them credit when they play well, consistently. Potential is a dirty word when talking about football.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Stop with the "he was in HS" stuff. He's played 12 games. He ran the wrong way several times and his blocking was atrocious. At that position we can't afford to have 1 run of 6 yards then 3 runs of negative plays or no gain. Hit the hole hard and fast and run the track. That's what a bb needs to do. That position is key to the offense. Our offense sucked bc our BB's sucked this year

You clearly don't watch the games. I went back to look at the play by play based on your comment. He had 1 run of no gain, ZERO runs for negative yards, 2 for 2 yards, 1 for 3. The other 5 were for 5 plus.

Again, no negative plays, but I guess your eyes see what they want to see to fit your narrative. If you think our offense stunk because of the bback position, you might need to find another sport to follow. We stunk because our Oline was not very good. Most of which were in HS 4-5 years ago, not 6 months. They've played 30-40 games.

As for the "he was in HS" stuff, I believe you had this to say about freshman playing:
It's very difficult to win with freshmen in HS or college. If Mills has to come in and play I'd expect another season like the one we are going through now.

So you clearly see that there are learning curves that apply to freshman, just not to Marshall...