UGA Postgame

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For those that question JeT's commitment to the team, or his "passion" for his teammates, I want to share an observation after the UGA game. My group sat in our section after the game to wait for the fans to thin out so we could leave. Sitting there, I was watching the interaction of the players, coaches, etc. As our guys were leaving the field, JeT stood in the endzone and personally shook every players hand he could and had a few words for them. I don't know what he said to them, or what they said him, but it says a lot of the type of teammate and person he is that he wanted to personally say something to each of his teammates. He stood and waited for EVERY single teammate to leave the field, down to the last player, which was Brian Chamberlain. Both of them left with their arms around the each other.

I know JeT didn't play his best today, but for anyone who questions his charactor or commitment...get your head out of your a$$.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought CPJ made some good calls today. His use of counters early really gave georgia trouble. The call to throw a short pass to Marshall was wide open and a well designed play that could have gone for very big yardage. I thought JT's passing was some of the worst I have ever seen out of one of our QB's. The line blocking needs work but ......... you don't miss some of those passes that were missed today.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
For those that question JeT's commitment to the team, or his "passion" for his teammates, I want to share an observation after the UGA game. My group sat in our section after the game to wait for the fans to thin out so we could leave. Sitting there, I was watching the interaction of the players, coaches, etc. As our guys were leaving the field, JeT stood in the endzone and personally shook every players hand he could and had a few words for them. I don't know what he said to them, or what they said him, but it says a lot of the type of teammate and person he is that he wanted to personally say something to each of his teammates. He stood and waited for EVERY single teammate to leave the field, down to the last player, which was Brian Chamberlain. Both of them left with their arms around the each other.

I know JeT didn't play his best today, but for anyone who questions his charactor or commitment...get your head out of your a$$.
I have no idea why anyone would question JT's character or commitment , he is a class guy that goes 100 percent . Was this his best game no but I still think he has been playing hurt most of this year.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
What is this pass rush of which you speak?

It has not been very good, but what we should focus our attention on is teaching our OL how to hold like the opposing team does and get away with it. Freeman was held numerous times today and gets held every game. They just never throw the flag.

As for our lash rush moving forward. I think we have some edge guys that can play. Freeman is a good player with a high motor. Anree has shown signs of being disruptive as well as Simmons. We just lack any sort of pressure up the middle (especially when Gotsis went down) which allows the QB to step up into the pocket. If I was PJ, I would call the top, college ready DT's in the country and tell them they are starting for us game one. No questions asked. I know DT's tend to be the dumbest guys on the field (traditionally, not always) so getting them into school will be tough as well, but we've got to do something.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Everyone wants JT to be Synjyn emotionally. That is not how he operates. For many you who constantly says that this is not a plug and play offense definitely think Byerly or MJ would do better. Lol puh-lease!!! This offensive needs to block everything that comes in their vision this offseason. No professor or TA should be safe.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I have no idea why anyone would question JT's character or commitment , he is a class guy that goes 100 percent . Was this his best game no but I still think he has been playing hurt most of this year.

Yea I didn't see too many people questioning his character. If they did, they are way off base. That kid wants to win as bad as anybody. His biggest issue is fundamentals to my untrained eye. When he sets his feet he throws a good catchable, accurate ball for the most part. I understand he's been under duress a lot this year, but there were several times today and thoughout the season where he just didn't get himself in a good position to throw the ball even when he had time. I'm willing to bet he will work to get that fixed next year. Having decent pass pro will help tremendously as well.

If I had to say one positive thing about this team, it is that they never quit. They may have gone the wrong way or missed an assignment, but they went 100 mph doing it. That's what I love about the Institute, it builds great character and our team is full of it. The guys that aren't, don't make it, hence the casualties of the past couple of years. I have faith that this will bother these guys all offseason and they will work like they never have before to make it better for next year.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow

Thanks for sharing that.

I'm not one who thinks that JT should be benched, and I believe he's a great leader, but the above was good to hear.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope to see Tech beat ugag one more time at home before I die. Wish we could've got Lynch the ball a few more times cause it looked as if he might break one eventually. This game was our season in a nutshell. Move the ball then turn it over or a costly penalty. So close to sending Mark packing in Athens today. Proud for the most part how the Dline played today. We better make it a priority to block this offseason. Let's get the ball to Brad Stewart more than a couple times all year next season. I bet AJ Gray will be all ACC next year.

Declinometer

Banned

It's just his ability to run this offense that I question. He can't throw at all.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
So on a positive note did we do enough to let richt keep his job?

He has been very good for a Tech fan. I hope they don't can him yet. Give us another year or two to get our house in order then go on a state title streak.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Before I read through the above posts, wanted to put some comments down not to be influenced by other comments.

- After the first drive, the DEFENSE did a pretty good job. Yes, we gave up a couple of long plays on Georgia's last drive that allowed them to eat up lots of clock, but the D did a decent job. Yes we did give up over 400 yards to them... :(

- Even when given time to pass, JT short hopped some passes and didn't seem to go to the second or third check downs on some plays. Also throguh behind receiver on the "short quick pass" everyone has asked for.

- 55 yards is a long arse way to kick a ball much less accurately.

- ran a little bit better sometimes, at least didn't always try to out run someone to the edge.

- If we ever get a pass rush w/o having to blitz, we'll fair a lot better in the "W" column.

- Some of UGAs passes were darn good even against decent coverage.

- Team DID NOT QUIT. Played hard to the end.

- Turnovers killed us...

- During the senior appreciation presentation before the game, seemed to be a lot of players that aren't "big contributors" to this year's team. Take that for what that meant for this year and what it will mean for the future.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not buying the "young guy" theory anymore on offense. They played 12 games and never got better. If Skov was 1/3 as good as we had last year we win 6 games. MM doesn't look like he's what we need at BB either. He's a dancer. we need a N/S runner with a little wiggle and the heart to punish the D line and LB er's. Allen looked the best, but the kid couldn't stay healthy. TB going down was an absolute killer. JT completed 10% of his passes. His arm looked weak 90% of the time. I'm not going to say "wait til next year" now. I need to see it to believe it. It's funny going back and reading what some said after last years's record setting year. Just wait until next year. We are really going to be good bc we got athletes on offense now. Please give me last year back with those kinds of players.