UGA Postgame

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
For those that question JeT's commitment to the team, or his "passion" for his teammates, I want to share an observation after the UGA game. My group sat in our section after the game to wait for the fans to thin out so we could leave. Sitting there, I was watching the interaction of the players, coaches, etc. As our guys were leaving the field, JeT stood in the endzone and personally shook every players hand he could and had a few words for them. I don't know what he said to them, or what they said him, but it says a lot of the type of teammate and person he is that he wanted to personally say something to each of his teammates. He stood and waited for EVERY single teammate to leave the field, down to the last player, which was Brian Chamberlain. Both of them left with their arms around the each other.

I know JeT didn't play his best today, but for anyone who questions his charactor or commitment...get your head out of your a$$.

... just wanted folks to read the above again...

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
So many people attacking JT. It looked like he was playing with a bum throwing arm. He usually throws the ball on a rope and today seemed like he didn't have the arm strength to get it there with his normal throwing motion and when he tried to lob it he sailed it bad. The kid has guts and gave us the best chance of winning. He's a competitor and I'm glad he'll be out QB next year as well.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
PJ said post game that JeT hasn't been healthy since the 3rd game of the year yet he was every effing snap he physically could be. I would love to see of the "fans' on here take a physical pounding like he has this year and see just how well they can throw a pass SMDH
... even be able to get up in enough time to be able to even take a snap. ;)

No doubt JT has the heart to play if he is physically able to do so.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
So on a positive note did we do enough to let richt keep his job?

He has been very good for a Tech fan. I hope they don't can him yet. Give us another year or two to get our house in order then go on a state title streak.
I mean his teams may choke against some of their other opponents but he's still 13-2 against us. Wouldn't exactly call that good for us

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lots of strawmen itt. Same old same old for the season. Defense held up well today. They've played well all season, but have struggled to finish when on the road or left on the field too long. Not surprising our best defensive efforts were at home with a packed house. Offense can't finish drives for their life. Don't have the horses for third and long and haven't blocked well enough to spring enough big plays.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
... even be able to get up in enough time to be able to even take a snap. ;)

No doubt JT has the heart to play if he is physically able to do so.
This is the exact reason Jordan should have played more. I know some disagree but to win we really need two QB's ready to go. Obviously one would be the starter and main player but the other one needs to get enough time to be comfortable. With JT hurt it would have been good to rest him a couple of series a game.

It's is possible CC is that good so Jordan was just a place holder until next year.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
This is the exact reason Jordan should have played more. I know some disagree but to win we really need two QB's ready to go. Obviously one would be the starter and main player but the other one needs to get enough time to be comfortable. With JT hurt it would have been good to rest him a couple of series a game.

It's is possible CC is that good so Jordan was just a place holder until next year.
It's hard to get the backup PT when the game is tight or you're behind.

I think you answered your own question regarding MJ's future at QB.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
PJ said post game that JeT hasn't been healthy since the 3rd game of the year yet he was every effing snap he physically could be. I would love to see of the "fans' on here take a physical pounding like he has this year and see just how well they can throw a pass SMDH

I love JT, but I'm not sure this. Is a good thing...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We've been running counter all season. It has literally been one of the worst plays in our playbook because we couldn't seal off the backside DT the last 2-3 years

I think know the play he's talking about, and we haven't run it much in the past three years. It's the rocket toss counter. We've run it about twice in the past three seasons, and it's one of the best plays we have.

We probably beat Duke this year and Georgia in 2013 if that play is called a few times.

What's more add is that we didn't run the rocket toss at all, but we ran the counter to it about 50 times. Really confusing

Squints

Helluva Engineer
The troll was right in this case. We haven't run that play all year. The option counter is not the same as the toss counter.

We ran it last week. More than once. I think we ran it couple other places too here and there. Definitely not a lot though. I vaguely remember seeing it against Pittsburgh. Could be wrong on that though.

And be real here. The opposing defense has been in our backfield all season and you guys are asking why we weren't running a slow developing play with a ton of O-line movement? Seriously? UGA was probably the least aggressive D we faced all year. That's got a lot to do with why we used it.

Everyone else who was sending the house all season would have completely blown it up every time. Then we would be asking why we're calling such stupid plays.

Last edited:

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I'm just glad this season is over.

Today was the most pathetic display of offense I've seen in a long time...probably since some of the Gailey games...but maybe I can point to a handful between now and then.

It was actually embarrassing. Our defense gave us every chance in the world to win, but we looked absolutely atrocious on offense. JT was hurt and it shows. He probably shouldn't have played.

All year, we can't get one, two, three yards on third OR fourth down. We are just flat out bad.

You can point to injuries all you want, but we've looked much better than this with less talent at B back and O line. We flat out can't get any push in the middle and it killed us this year. We are going to live and die by that, and this year we died.

Very, very disappointing. One of the most disappointing losses to Georgia I remember. That team is awful and we found a way to lose by turning the ball over and coming up short in short yardage situations.

We've got some serious looking in the mirror to do at the coaching and player level before next season, or this may not change...