UGA Game Thread: Redemption Road ...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
1-0 when @kg01 does the pregame thread. I didn’t do the Arkansas article due to my own somber reflections circling around the word “why?”

Figured it was best ride the hot hand.

Never leave the table when you’re on a heater.

The previews will commence after this game. I can’t quit this program, regardless of how much I want to.

Maybe not. Better ways to waste my time

GT_EE78

Banned
Jose had a rough game shooting the ball, but like you said, he still contributed. I feel for the guy, because he basically has to carry the load for at least himself and two other players for 40 minutes a game. The fact that he is basically our second leading rebounder (tied for 1st today with Banks and 2nd to Banks against Rkansas... I haven't looked at season numbers) is pathetic and and should be an embarrassing indictment of every other player on the team besides Banks.
Yup, he feels badder than he should ,but he;s gotta realize that he ain't talented enough to be the superstar, his leadership might get him to a star level but that includes getting teammates like Devo and Moore and Banks to take the scoring lead. he's a pass first guy who can contribute at all levels but future leadership from him is what we need.....

GT_EE78

Banned
I've always wondered about this in all our sports. I don't know if the players get the hate or not. I think they do. I hope they do. I take my kids down to the tunnel after every game to high five the players, and I can tell you the players took this loss hard, especially Alvarado.
yup, and they should have taken it hard, nothing left to do but learn from it.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We rely on a lot of guys who leave the state for the holidays. They don't really understand the hate.

I am trying really hard to not be an emotional anti-coach fan. At least @GTFLETCH reminds me that I haven't reached his pathetic low, but I'm close.

If Pastner had something on his resume to hang a hat on, it would be better. If he had made an off season hire on par with Hardy and LaBarrie, I'd be, "Well, okay ..." If he had signed a name prospect for the 2019 class, the "he can recruit" meme would have legs.

As it stands, smdh, georgie isn't good
CJP's hat hanger was never having lost 3 three games in a row. Held good through first season... Not so much last year nor this year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
On a tangentially related note: Anyone go to the game yesterday? Didn't they make a big deal out of the "winter white" unis heading into the game? I saw them distributing T-shirts for season ticket holders and they were...gold. C'mon man, get it together GT marketing. If you're gonna have a "Winter White" unis game, you can at least keep the theme the same with the swag you're giving out. Keep it all the same...

jpilgrim6

Georgia Tech Fan
On a tangentially related note: Anyone go to the game yesterday? Didn't they make a big deal out of the "winter white" unis heading into the game? I saw them distributing T-shirts for season ticket holders and they were...gold. C'mon man, get it together GT marketing. If you're gonna have a "Winter White" unis game, you can at least keep the theme the same with the swag you're giving out. Keep it all the same...

They've been giving those shirts away all year. Those are the shirts that came with season tickets, similar to what was given football season ticket holders.

I believe they did a promotion yesterday as well where they gave white t-shirts to the first 1,000 guests at the game.

slugboy

Staff member
I’ve posted this before, but I’ve seen other schools running the same offense, and seen the same lack of movement out of top 25 teams running it.
If standing in a spot and passing the ball around isn’t a characteristic of this offense, then it’s a common coincidence for the teams running it. I’d say our players are coached to play this way.
I don’t find it appealing to watch, and it doesn’t look effective for us.
(If this baits someone into explaining how this is supposed to be different and dynamic, then I’m happy. Just haven’t found the team running this offense that makes it look interesting. Just the ones who have a good shooting percentage)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I’ve posted this before, but I’ve seen other schools running the same offense, and seen the same lack of movement out of top 25 teams running it.
If standing in a spot and passing the ball around isn’t a characteristic of this offense, then it’s a common coincidence for the teams running it. I’d say our players are coached to play this way.
I don’t find it appealing to watch, and it doesn’t look effective for us.
(If this baits someone into explaining how this is supposed to be different and dynamic, then I’m happy. Just haven’t found the team running this offense that makes it look interesting. Just the ones who have a good shooting percentage)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I couldn't agree more. I love the young men who come to GT to play basketball.

I am MOST disappointed in their coaches who have them playing this offensive style of basketball (double entendre on purpose).

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
They've been giving those shirts away all year. Those are the shirts that came with season tickets, similar to what was given football season ticket holders.

I believe they did a promotion yesterday as well where they gave white t-shirts to the first 1,000 guests at the game.
Naturally our front office ****ed this up too. The season ticket shirts are ****ing massive. I got an XS and it fits like a poncho on me.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Naturally our front office ****ed this up too. The season ticket shirts are ****ing massive. I got an XS and it fits like a poncho on me.

I got 4 giant XS size season ticket shirts and was pissed about it also. I've also caught 2 shirts thrown out during the game by the cheerleaders... same problem... massive sizing. I wouldn't put this on our front office though, other than signing Adidas. Nike shirts would have fit just fine :)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to say, I recorded this game because it was on out here at 10 AM, after seeing the score I didn't have the desire to watch ...
Somebody closer to the bball program please explain the drastic spikes in team performance ... I had hope after the Arkansas game ???

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to say, I recorded this game because it was on out here at 10 AM, after seeing the score I didn't have the desire to watch ...
Somebody closer to the bball program please explain the drastic spikes in team performance ... I had hope after the Arkansas game ???
As bad as UGa is...I think everyone here is over-rating Arkansas......

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

We rely very heavily on 5 underclassmen and even our upperclassmen are transfers in only their first or second year here. This leads to being very inconsistent both during games and from game to game

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Finally over my frustration enough to post now.

But I don't even know what to say...except there is more than one problem with this team. It would be one thing if you could just say, "Oh, its clearly bad coaching," or "Oh, we just need a quality big man," or even "Oh, its obvious the talent isn't there." But is not just one thing. At times, it is effort. At times, it is poor shooting. At times, they have looked tired. At times, the coaching makes me scratch my head. All I know is that we should be a much better basketball team, and we just aren't right now. If we can get somebody hot from outside the arc, and if we can get some easy buckets underneath, then maybe we can start playing with confidence and we will look better. Right now, we are a pretty good defensive team, and that's about the only positive I can come up with.

The season is far from over and I will continue to watch and cheer, but...they aren't making it any easier! Come on, Jackets. Get it together!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
As bad as UGa is...I think everyone here is over-rating Arkansas......

Does it matter? Is UGA to be considered drastically better? I’d say slightly worse. 5 points. That’s what GT scored in the first 8 minutes.

Where is all the three point shooting?
Where is the up tempo?
Where is the hard cutting?
Where is the high post distribution?

Pastner is living up to his rep.

Who is the next coach we hire who is coaching at a school begging to rid themselves of him? 2 in a row...