UGA Game Thread: Redemption Road ...

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I wish I could find a way to quit believing they will get back to being good at hoops. Back in the Cremins era I always looked forward to b-ball and there was no question they were king of the state and a legit ACC power.

gt69hjcollins

Georgia Tech Fan
It was apparent to me that the Jackets were tired. Almost all of the missed shots were off the front of the rim. We played three games in six days with a road trip. We have a young team, especially considering the starters. This team will get better as the year goes along. We will be better next year also. I am not giving up on this team. Go Jackets!

slugboy

Staff member
I hadn’t thought about this until now, but for the coaches and players, this is one of the last things they’ll do before Christmas, and this is the note they enter Christmas on.

It can’t be fun.

I hope they can go into the next few days with their heads on straight and have a good holiday, and start over after fresh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I must admit that I am not the basketball knowledgeable poster many of you guys are.

All I know is this is the first game I attended live this season, and I left with 8 minutes left in the game and GT down 6. I no longer could stand watching such poor basketball...by both teams. I had gotten to the point that I simply no longer cared who won. I just no longer wanted to watch that quality level basketball. Period.

Frankly, I am exactly the type of fan Pastner needs to lure back. I can get excited and re-purchase season tickets (which I once held). Now, I doubt I will attend another game live, and honestly am sort of happy I will be out of the country from Feb 1st through the end of the season, so I will not be tempted to watch that cr*p on TV.

On a few offensive possessions, I isolated on Haywood and watched. He literally positioned himself in the corner and never moved. Since I don't think he is 'lazy' or 'bad' I have to believe he was told to do this by the coaches. It looked to me like they wanted to put the ball in Alvarado's or Devoe's hands and let them create off the dribble. I saw very little motion or cutting. The resulting offense was so bad it was unwatchable.

Terrible brand of basketball. Sad.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I hadn’t thought about this until now, but for the coaches and players, this is one of the last things they’ll do before Christmas, and this is the note they enter Christmas on.

It can’t be fun.

I hope they can go into the next few days with their heads on straight and have a good holiday, and start over after fresh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We rely on a lot of guys who leave the state for the holidays. They don't really understand the hate.

I am trying really hard to not be an emotional anti-coach fan. At least @GTFLETCH reminds me that I haven't reached his pathetic low, but I'm close.

If Pastner had something on his resume to hang a hat on, it would be better. If he had made an off season hire on par with Hardy and LaBarrie, I'd be, "Well, okay ..." If he had signed a name prospect for the 2019 class, the "he can recruit" meme would have legs.

As it stands, smdh, georgie isn't good

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
On a few offensive possessions, I isolated on Haywood and watched. He literally positioned himself in the corner and never moved. Since I don't think he is 'lazy' or 'bad' I have to believe he was told to do this by the coaches.

You are half right on your last sentence quoted above. I think the coaches must reinforce his standing around behavior, otherwise his butt would be sitting on the bench for that crap, but unfortunately, I think that really is his game. He thinks he is a spot up knock down shooter, but the truth is, he actually isn't that good of a shooter, and he shows just about no initiative whatsoever to do anything other than spot up on the the 3 point line (no rebounds in 21 minutes). Even good catch and shoot 3 point shooters need to move off the ball to get open, but he does nothing but stand there. I was very frustrated by his contribution today. I am one of the biggest Moses Wright detractors in the stands, but I thought Moses should have gotten most of Curtis's minutes today.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't afford to have Jose shoot as bad as he did today. Still contributed with 8 rebs, 4 asts, and 4 steals, but he missed far too many easy opportunities.

Jose had a rough game shooting the ball, but like you said, he still contributed. I feel for the guy, because he basically has to carry the load for at least himself and two other players for 40 minutes a game. The fact that he is basically our second leading rebounder (tied for 1st today with Banks and 2nd to Banks against Rkansas... I haven't looked at season numbers) is pathetic and and should be an embarrassing indictment of every other player on the team besides Banks.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
We rely on a lot of guys who leave the state for the holidays. They don't really understand the hate.

I've always wondered about this in all our sports. I don't know if the players get the hate or not. I think they do. I hope they do. I take my kids down to the tunnel after every game to high five the players, and I can tell you the players took this loss hard, especially Alvarado.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, next year is key. If we still look like this next year and don’t land a blue chip recruit then it’s time to move on. Gotta show at least some progress.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I must admit that I am not the basketball knowledgeable poster many of you guys are.

All I know is this is the first game I attended live this season, and I left with 8 minutes left in the game and GT down 6. I no longer could stand watching such poor basketball...by both teams. I had gotten to the point that I simply no longer cared who won. I just no longer wanted to watch that quality level basketball. Period.

Frankly, I am exactly the type of fan Pastner needs to lure back. I can get excited and re-purchase season tickets (which I once held). Now, I doubt I will attend another game live, and honestly am sort of happy I will be out of the country from Feb 1st through the end of the season, so I will not be tempted to watch that cr*p on TV.

On a few offensive possessions, I isolated on Haywood and watched. He literally positioned himself in the corner and never moved. Since I don't think he is 'lazy' or 'bad' I have to believe he was told to do this by the coaches. It looked to me like they wanted to put the ball in Alvarado's or Devoe's hands and let them create off the dribble. I saw very little motion or cutting. The resulting offense was so bad it was unwatchable.

Terrible brand of basketball. Sad.
This is the 3rd game I've been to this season and quite frankly can't figure out what Pastner's offensive scheme is? At the start of the season he said they were going to be a run & gun team. Now they don't even have an answer for a basic zone D.I have season tickets left for 9 ACC games plus 2 non ACC games left .I love Tech & thought that Pastner would have something going this year, now I have no idea what to expect!

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
This ugag team is horrendous. It's embarrassing that we lost to these guys. There is way too much talent in GA for BOTH of those teams to be that bad, especially Tech. CJP needs to pick it up, or I want him gone.