UGA - COFH Part 3 (@ Suntrust)

herb

Helluva Engineer
C39C5444-8F20-4475-A2B5-273E9A753194.jpeg

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
This and Louisville are huge series wins. Those teams will be nationally seeded. UCLA will also be nationally seeded and the committee will be forced to evaluate each team’s mutual opponents. GT will be the only one (I think). And btw our record against that bunch is 5-4.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Should give a little bump in the RPI. But more importantly we reassert who’s daddy in this series.

At best one spot to #10. The teams in front have a lot more too points.

What matters is the resume. We have an Omaha caliber team. Shown that by playing the 6th toughest sos, and winning.

Early meeting. Hope I can sleep.........

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll say it... since we're thinking RPI... need UGA to win win win... going forward. ;)

Seriously, ideally... Tech & UGA both build top 8 national seed resumes. Otherwise... expect a bracket that pits UGA v GT in a super regional. One that could be in Athens.... just sayin'

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll say it... since we're thinking RPI... need UGA to win win win... going forward. ;)

Seriously, ideally... Tech & UGA both build top 8 national seed resumes. Otherwise... expect a bracket that pits UGA v GT in a super regional. One that could be in Athens.... just sayin'
Agreed. This series win will go a long way to prevent that imo.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win and also seems to me to help further clarify the bullpen pecking order. Assuming Hurter is healthy and we don't have to use a different Sunday starter:
-English closing
-Hughes #1 setup man
-Bartnicki, Chapman, Carpenter as 1 inning guys if starter can't make it 7.
-Willingham and Roedig should be available for some type of long relief if needed (only one more mid-week game left all year).

Would try to avoid using anyone else if we have the lead.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Great win and also seems to me to help further clarify the bullpen pecking order. Assuming Hurter is healthy and we don't have to use a different Sunday starter:
-English closing
-Hughes #1 setup man
-Bartnicki, Chapman, Carpenter as 1 inning guys if starter can't make it 7.
-Willingham and Roedig should be available for some type of long relief if needed (only one more mid-week game left all year).

Would try to avoid using anyone else if we have the lead.
If anyone has a way to embed this into CDH's head... please do it. 100% agree.

LibertyTurns

Banned

No no no no no!

I’d rather they lose every game and we play in Miss or some crap like that.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Supposedly, the committee isn't looking at regional matchups anymore for the Supers. They rank teams 1 through 16 and let the Super Regional matchups fall where they may. So they claim.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Supposedly, the committee isn't looking at regional matchups anymore for the Supers. They rank teams 1 through 16 and let the Super Regional matchups fall where they may. So they claim.
That is what they do.... set 1-16.. then it is fixed & whomever gets through regional is matched up accordingly. But in practical terms and IMO... if Tech or UGA fall outside top 8... they will (more than likely) assign the seeding so that the SR will pit UGA v GT. Obviously... they don't have to do that... but they also don't have to justify their seeding decisions either.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Sweet win!

However, I still don’t understand how the umps missed that balk by the UGA pitcher. Brain lock? Or what