UGA - Clean Old-Fashioned Hate

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As expected, Grissom starting. Don't know how long he'll be stretched out. 60 pitches? High was 43 this year.
1646589812549.png

No walks this year, but 3 hbp, lol. As I remember some were on a 2 strike count. Just continue throwing strikes without striking the hitter.

1646589947474.png

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm happy about this weekend. Could have been better, could have been worse. We did .5 games better than I predicted. 15 LOB through 8 today means it's not our day and the baseball gods aren't favorable today. It's baseball.

We'll move up in the rankings and uGag will move down. (y)

Just beat Mercer on Wednesday.
It's not over. For the record

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm happy about this weekend. Could have been better, could have been worse. We did .5 games better than I predicted. 15 LOB through 8 today means it's not our day and the baseball gods aren't favorable today. It's baseball.

We'll move up in the rankings and uGag will move down. (y)

Just beat Mercer on Wednesday.
I never expected a sweep. uga has a good team and we beat them 2 out of 3. Nuff said. Next weekend we begin the games that matter most right now.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Our pitching seemed to revert to GT norm in Game 3 of that series, much to my chagrin.

After two games, I was celebrating "pitching depth". After Game 3 I am worrying about "lack of pitching depth and a Sunday starter"

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Our pitching seemed to revert to GT norm in Game 3 of that series, much to my chagrin.

After two games, I was celebrating "pitching depth". After Game 3 I am worrying about "lack of pitching depth and a Sunday starter"
I think we are going to have to consider one of the freshman pitchers for Sunday. Not great to experiment during the season but I think our choices so far have been shaky.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I think we are going to have to consider one of the freshman pitchers for Sunday. Not great to experiment during the season but I think our choices so far have been shaky.
I am a bit surprised that they didn’t go back to Bartnicki at some point on Sunday to let him try and work through things. Also, a bit surprised and disappointed we didn’t see Roedig at some point this weekend. Maybe they were “saving” him for midweek, but facing a handful of batters in a high leverage situation didn’t seem out of the question.

I think
(1) it’s way too early to draw conclusions on who can do what and be where as far as pitching goes
(2) we have plenty of good arms who can get the job done. Someone will step up.
(3) the pitcher that I am most anxious to see gain consistency is Maxwell. If he can ever “get right” with his control without having to sacrifice his “stuff” he can be such a difference maker. Right now, Chance is on fire ….. keep it up. If we get maxwell to be dominant like he can then we have two studs that give us a great chance to be competitive and/or dominant on Friday & Saturday, so we have pretty good odds on Sunday that we are either paying for the sweep or at least even in the series. With our offense, I like those odds

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
Why did we start Grissom when he was on a pitch count? He should have just came in relief. Dalton smith should have got the start!