UGA - Clean Old-Fashioned Hate

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad it was you. I had a night out with SWMBO and came in to watch Bartnicki allow three on. Turned off and went back to Statbroadcast and the Wiley / Poole show. Unparalleled professionals.

Fortunately, Wiley is on the WREK again today. Just tune in about 6. (tic)

I think the improvement in pitchers this year from last has a common denominator. DBo. And the offense, Ramsey.
Wiley/Poole is a great combo to listen to for sure...the best!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Probably a classic jinx, but I’m expecting the sweep tomorrow. Their lineup is looking like one of the worst we’ll see all year. Believe they have 2 extra base hits so far this weekend thru 18 innings. And it’s not like our staff was blowing away the teams we’ve played. Without free passes they basically have nothing. Throw strikes and break out the brooms.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably a classic jinx, but I’m expecting the sweep tomorrow. Their lineup is looking like one of the worst we’ll see all year. Believe they have 2 extra base hits so far this weekend thru 18 innings. And it’s not like our staff was blowing away the teams we’ve played. Without free passes they basically have nothing. Throw strikes and break out the brooms.
I like your attitude.

What I'm looking for is the killer instinct. I want this team to act like they expect to wipe the floor every weekend, and feet stay on the gas.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Great win over in that place up 316! Nice to have some positivity around Tech athletics- This team could really be a special one- Get to 50 wins and historically that means Omaha!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looks like we're getting some press this weekend, and likely a significant jump in expectations. Now we just need to handle it and take care of business.

I usually write some wrap up, but Aaron hit it as usual. Aaron Fitt picked us to take the series and has favored us higher than we have performed over the years. Let's pay him back with interest this year!!!

We are a different team this year with the pitching depth that we are using and DBo is developing. Our post season odds are much better since pitching usually predominates in post season (an area @Squints and I agree in although I do have to say Chandler bunts are absolutely wicked. The 3rd baseball prepares by coming in for the bunt and then Chandler loops it over his head. Nothing but beauty there in small ball with a speedster.)

But WHIP and % strikes. Maxwell / Carwile / Finateri WHIP = 2.67 / .33 / .67. % stikes 51% / 73% / 79.5%. I know Hall talked about Maxwell and how he'll keep putting him out there till he settles in. And actually, I think that makes sense if and only if Quick Hook Hall stays in the house. Based on his comments, I think he will.
1646570298451.png

The offense struggled "only" BA of .257. But when you consider the 7 walks and two uGag HBPs, the OBP was .514. Obscene. While uGag should have scored a few in the first 3, we left 11 on and they left 10 on (8 in the first 3). So the shutout was a fluke IMHO, the win was not.