UGA at Suntrust (3rd of 3)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
If any Tech fans were watching on TV hopefully you listened to the coaches interview between innings. Uga coach Scott Stricklin, when asked about the up coming games with UF said " we are only concentrating on winning this game right now because this will give us a sweep of the series, and that's what we want, and our fans want!! Danny Hall on the other hand said "this game is for a good cause and a good for Childrens Hospital and talked about having 2 sons on the team! That my fellow Tech fans is the difference between winning and losing attitudes.
Or, you know, the difference in the questions that they were asked.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
No doubt in my mind which baseball program is best in the state. Georgia actually has PITCHING!!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No doubt in my mind which baseball program is best in the state. Georgia actually has PITCHING DEPTH!!!!

FIFY. We have a few (X, CT, English, usually Archer, usually Hurter) proven reliable pitchers. The rest have regressed or never advanced.

So yes, UGAg has a much better program. Not players, but program with emphasis on coaching which develops players and uses them in winning ways.

It is as it is. I'm still proud of our players but disgusted with our program.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we could woo away Mr Perno from his current job as a local HS football coach. He could tell us why we can't beat the mutts at basically anything.

GT7378

Georgia Tech Fan
UGA(sic) gets swept in the SEC Tourney: Your reward is hosting a regional, and jumping 9 spots in the Baseball America Poll today from 16 to 7th. Attababy, there pollsters. Ok, they tied for 4th in the SEC or 2nd if you wish, regional host - ok, get that, jump in the polls - bs on that... Had it been GT, we would have dropped right out in the other direction... selah!

GT7378

Georgia Tech Fan
UGA(sic) gets swept in the SEC Tourney: Your reward is hosting a regional, and jumping 9 spots in the Baseball America Poll today from 16 to 7th. Attababy, there pollsters. Ok, they tied for 4th in the SEC or 2nd if you wish, regional host - ok, get that, jump in the polls - bs on that... Had it been GT, we would have dropped right out in the other direction... selah!
Apparently, I need to look at my calendar before posting....

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
UGA is #9 in the RPI and went 18-12 in the by far best conference. They absolutely deserve to host. We had some opportunities to dent their chances and couldn’t get it done.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
UGA is #9 in the RPI and went 18-12 in the by far best conference. They absolutely deserve to host. We had some opportunities to dent their chances and couldn’t get it done.
UGa has risen so far above us it is really no longer competitive. Their third string pitchers are better than most anybody on our staffs.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
UGa has risen so far above us it is really no longer competitive. Their third string pitchers are better than most anybody on our staffs.
UGA has had our number the last two years & I personally am not happy about that one bit. They beat our Sunday starter in a game that we had every incentive to win (as if beating Uga is not enough) including fighting for our regional lives. However, a far as the overall strength of their program, based on record alone, they are no better position than us. They have had a losing record 4 of the last 5 seasons. Stricklin caught lightening in a bottle this year, otherwise he probably would have been canned. If they stay on the uptick next year, maybe a judgement can be made. We get the right guy at the top and we can and hopefully we can quickly pull even & exceed what they’ve got going. Tip the hat to them this year, ignoring how unpalatable that is, but that’s all I’ll give them.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
UGA has had our number the last two years & I personally am not happy about that one bit. They beat our Sunday starter in a game that we had every incentive to win (as if beating Uga is not enough) including fighting for our regional lives. However, a far as the overall strength of their program, based on record alone, they are no better position than us. They have had a losing record 4 of the last 5 seasons. Stricklin caught lightening in a bottle this year, otherwise he probably would have been canned. If they stay on the uptick next year, maybe a judgement can be made. We get the right guy at the top and we can and hopefully we can quickly pull even & exceed what they’ve got going. Tip the hat to them this year, ignoring how unpalatable that is, but that’s all I’ll give them.
Is all their pitching going away next year? They sure shut us down without ever using their best pitchers....

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Sticklin may have caught lightning in a bottle this year, but has swept us the last two.