UGA at Suntrust (3rd of 3)

Buzzzard

Georgia Tech Fan
"This makes me want to write a check to the AA................not."

Ha...yep, I decided start of year I wasn't going to attend any games this year. Sometimes the only way to send a message is with the wallet despite that faction of I'm-better-than-you-fans-cause-I'd-never-not-go-to-games-to-send-a-message. If your money is going to perpetual underachieving and stalemating you're not a bad fan for taking a hiatus until some things change.
I've fought the good fight for over 40 years with my checkbook and numerous season ticket stints in three sports. Someone needs to start listening.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so the best hitter in the ACC SAC bunts men to second and third. Who's up next? English, who is leading the ACC in RBI's, according to the stats that I just looked at on the ACC website with 50. Who's up later that inning with the bases loaded? Serratos, who was #7 in the ACC in hitting when I just looked (not sure if it includes tonight's stats). At some point, the players need to GET THE JOB DONE. Not saying I'm agreeing with Hall to bunt, but the player's need to make the pitch, need to make the play in the field, or need to get the big hit to get it done.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Welcome fellow sacrifice bunt haters! Yes, yes... let the hate flow through you.

In all seriousness, I'm not surprised at tonight's result. UGA has a better team than us - we've really squandered the opportunity we've had the past few years while they were in the wilderness.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so the best hitter in the ACC SAC bunts men to second and third. Who's up next? English, who is leading the ACC in RBI's, according to the stats that I just looked at on the ACC website with 50. Who's up later that inning with the bases loaded? Serratos, who was #7 in the ACC in hitting when I just looked (not sure if it includes tonight's stats). At some point, the players need to GET THE JOB DONE. Not saying I'm agreeing with Hall to bunt, but the player's need to make the pitch, need to make the play in the field, or need to get the big hit to get it done.
Ok but still no logical reason to sacrifice the best hitter with 0 outs

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Logic: Chase has been known to beat out bunts for hits as a part of his ACC leading average. English leads our team in RBI, so even if Chase doesn't beat it out, we have a shot to score multiple runs with the lineup we have. They didn't get it done. Which has become a theme lately.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Logic: Chase has been known to beat out bunts for hits as a part of his ACC leading average. English leads our team in RBI, so even if Chase doesn't beat it out, we have a shot to score multiple runs with the lineup we have. They didn't get it done. Which has become a theme lately.
Yeah no. Id much rather have him hitting with 2 on

Deleted member 2897

I laughed when I saw Georgie put up their top pitcher with a 0.86 ERA - they were desperate to beat us. Kudos to the pitching staff again for putting us in a position to win. If you can't score a couple runs, you don't deserve to beat anybody.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I laughed when I saw Georgie put up their top pitcher with a 0.86 ERA - they were desperate to beat us. Kudos to the pitching staff again for putting us in a position to win. If you can't score a couple runs, you don't deserve to beat anybody.

Sorry, but I have to believe they were anything but “desperate to beat us.”

When dooley came to ugag in 64, he knew the way to build a program / sell more tickets / recruit better in ga. was to start beating GT. Despite GT leaving the SEC thanks to Dodd / Harrison.

He inculcated the entire cesspool AA with this goal - football / MBB / WBB / baseball. Everything.

While our elitist leaders sat on their azz watching our facilities & competitiveness waste away, ugag was building and beating us.

We have had flashes of brilliance - in many years thanks to getting away from the idiotic notion of having “Tech Men” as coaches. (Cremins & Ross)

But we have for decades allowed excuse making, elitism, arrogance, stupidity to guide the reins of our AA.

ugag, on the other hand, has had one guiding goal - beat GT first and foremost.

Years ago, when CDH had beesball at a decent level, and when we would get into regionals, there were those getting criticized for saying that GT really needed to get away from having as a goal being the host of regionals. To make the program tougher by making our kids get to the CWS by going through Starkville, or Austin, or L.A. Course all the Tech Men poo-pooed the ideas. And here we are.

Same guys that said why hire Spurrier - we need a pompous arse like bill curry.

TStan better be more than a miracle worker. That is not going to be enough to make this athletic program thrive - or maybe survive.

We have potential for greatness with some leaders with vision. But we can also end up like Tulane, or at the level of kennesaw state. Anyone thinking it can not happen are the same ones saying, like Dodd did, “we will always sell out our season tickets.”

****ing tired of losing to ugag.

Deleted member 2897

Sorry, but I have to believe they were anything but “desperate to beat us.”

When dooley came to ugag in 64, he knew the way to build a program / sell more tickets / recruit better in ga. was to start beating GT. Despite GT leaving the SEC thanks to Dodd / Harrison.

He inculcated the entire cesspool AA with this goal - football / MBB / WBB / baseball. Everything.

While our elitist leaders sat on their azz watching our facilities & competitiveness waste away, ugag was building and beating us.

We have had flashes of brilliance - in many years thanks to getting away from the idiotic notion of having “Tech Men” as coaches. (Cremins & Ross)

But we have for decades allowed excuse making, elitism, arrogance, stupidity to guide the reins of our AA.

ugag, on the other hand, has had one guiding goal - beat GT first and foremost.

Years ago, when CDH had beesball at a decent level, and when we would get into regionals, there were those getting criticized for saying that GT really needed to get away from having as a goal being the host of regionals. To make the program tougher by making our kids get to the CWS by going through Starkville, or Austin, or L.A. Course all the Tech Men poo-pooed the ideas. And here we are.

Same guys that said why hire Spurrier - we need a pompous arse like bill curry.

TStan better be more than a miracle worker. That is not going to be enough to make this athletic program thrive - or maybe survive.

We have potential for greatness with some leaders with vision. But we can also end up like Tulane, or at the level of kennesaw state. Anyone thinking it can not happen are the same ones saying, like Dodd did, “we will always sell out our season tickets.”

****ing tired of losing to ugag.

Don't let a bunch of idiots live rent free in your head.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Having grown up in New Orleans and having witnessed the damage that academics did to the Tulane sports program, I am very well aware that it can happen to GT. Pro sports have not helped, but the decision by academic leaders to emphasize academics over education in sports, while noble, clearly led to the demise of Green Wave Athletics. GT is (frankly) on the same path, albeit on a slower trajectory.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I know we had discussion earlier about whether UGA had passed us in baseball. What's the verdict now?

Last time we beat them was May 17, 2016; before that, March 31, 2015. 2-9 the last 4 seasons against them.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I know we had discussion earlier about whether UGA had passed us in baseball. What's the verdict now?

Last time we beat them was May 17, 2016; before that, March 31, 2015. 2-9 the last 4 seasons against them.
No way Tech can say they are better in baseball (until numbers you've cited reverse themselves)... but I'll add that until we stop playing them on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.. the head-to-head comparison is not too simple. I am in FULL support of making UGA v GT the 2nd or 3rd weekend series of the season alternating home/away each year. ...and I'm fine with adding this neutral site/Suntrust game as a 4th (for fundraising purposes).

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck

Lets add this tidbit, 6 straight losses in baseball to uga, 9 of the last 10!

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
If any Tech fans were watching on TV hopefully you listened to the coaches interview between innings. Uga coach Scott Stricklin, when asked about the up coming games with UF said " we are only concentrating on winning this game right now because this will give us a sweep of the series, and that's what we want, and our fans want!! Danny Hall on the other hand said "this game is for a good cause and a good for Childrens Hospital and talked about having 2 sons on the team! That my fellow Tech fans is the difference between winning and losing attitudes.