UGA at Suntrust (3rd of 3)

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
It is unbelievable that we are losing to georgia in baseball. Hopefully we can tilt the scales tonight but this series used to be a good way to get an out of conference victory each year.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It is unbelievable that we are losing to georgia in baseball. Hopefully we can tilt the scales tonight but this series used to be a good way to get an out of conference victory each year.
Nothing to do with Ga Tech baseball....

However...to me, given all the advantages UGA has with athletics, it's more unbelievable they have not had an elite baseball program perpetually. Unfortunately, what they have now is more what I would have expected for the last 25 years or so....consistently.

Deleted member 2897

Right now there are 4 teams tied at 11-13 in the ACC (Wake Forest, Pittsburgh, Miami), so tiebreakers are HUGE.

There is an outside chance we can finish as high as 4th - Duke finishes against us and UNCheat. So if they crap the bed, they could finish with 16 or 17 wins. If we go 2-1 or better against Virginia and they struggle against UNCheat, that final series could get very interesting. The more likely outcome with a couple of 2-1s is no worse than 6th. A 6 seed puts you with the 3 and 10, would would be folks like NC State and someone we beat. A 5 seed puts you with the 4 and 9, which would put you with folks like Duke and someone we beat. That would be ideal in my opinion. We'd need to go at minimum 2-1 and 2-1 to get there jumping FSU - FSU is 14-12 while we are 11-13 - they finish against NC State. If they struggle with NC State we have a chance.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if I can listen to these announcers. They are horrible. "Carter Hall should be going to his dad and asking for more playing time". Are you kidding me? Did you even look at your game notes?

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Why is it unbelievable? Do I think we should be competitive with them? You bet? Do I think we should dominate them? I see no reason other than possible Georgia incompetence that we should dominate them.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Sac bunt with THE LEADING AVERAGE HITTER IN ACC up.

One more time for the Followers of Hall:

Sac bunt with best hitter in the conference.

Pathetic.
As bad as we are with RISP I don’t know why we would EVER sacrifice runners into scoring position & certainly not with any of our top hitters at the dish

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Have I ever mentioned how important pitching is in college baseball? I KNOW Hall and Howell haven't been listening to me.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
"This makes me want to write a check to the AA................not."

Ha...yep, I decided start of year I wasn't going to attend any games this year. Sometimes the only way to send a message is with the wallet despite that faction of I'm-better-than-you-fans-cause-I'd-never-not-go-to-games-to-send-a-message. If your money is going to perpetual underachieving and stalemating you're not a bad fan for taking a hiatus until some things change.