UGA (#1 of 3)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we WERE spoiled, but the fact is we haven't even come close since them. If we could do it then, why can't we do it now?
New bats were the main reason to be quite honest. They just completely took away how Hall likes to build teams and then Hall evolved too late. He has to evolve again with the new balls.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Okay, so say we replace Hall with a bad coach. What happens then? Do we end up 13th in the ACC with a team that can't hit, field, or (especially) pitch?
Maybe or it may be worse. It may be better too, but in my experience, replacing a good coach because he wins, but doesn't win enough typically doesn't turn out good.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Since we don't play Texas, unless we make it to the playoffs, which we won't AGAIN, I don't care much what happened there. We DO play Clemson, and they didn't skip a beat by getting rid of him.
This doesn't make sense. You should care about what happened at Texas because what happened there almost mirrors what y'all want to happen here.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
New bats were the main reason to be quite honest. They just completely took away how Hall likes to build teams and then Hall evolved too late. He has to evolve again with the new balls.

I wonder, fwiw, whether APR also affected our recruiting.

Deleted member 2897

Okay, so say we replace Hall with a bad coach. What happens then? Do we end up 13th in the ACC with a team that can't hit, field, or (especially) pitch?

This made me sad, pointing out that 13th place would actually be an improvement over where we are right now.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hughes deserved better tonight. Two dropped foul tips for strikeouts by Bart, a dropped foul ball by Murray (on a tough play, but should of had it), and a dropped ball by Bart on the play at the plate because he didn't put two hands on the ball. This is really tough to watch.

I spent the part of the game doing Contract Compliance Representations and Certifications. More enjoyable that what you described; at least it keeps getting me paid which is enjoyable.

@Lagrangejacket and @Supersizethatorder-mutt
......... In the end, it doesn't matter what we say because Stansbury will make the decision at the end of the day and we'll just have to wait and see what happens this summer.

I think Stansbury will probably take a lot of input from Mark Teixeira. Baseball is not a money sport and maybe 2% of the alumni care about it. Mark was involved in the hiring of Stansbury. And has contributed a lot of money. I have to trust him to be somewhat impartial even though he played for Danny Hall. http://www.news.gatech.edu/2016/08/11/director-athletics-search-committee-established

Hall has done a lot for GT baseball. As much as any coach including Heisman and Morris. His first 18 years had a winning record in the ACC every year. His last 6 (including this one) have not had any winning records (2013 was 15-15). I think that is a statistically relevant trend and why I threw in the towel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Hall_(baseball)

My hope is that Teixeira works with Hall on righting the ship and if necessary helps find his replacement.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Focusing back on last night's game for just one post---let's take a look at the positives......
Gibson did pretty well
anything else?

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, the bullpen was great last night, but everything else was crap.
True. The two pitchers I've not understood why we've seen more of recently are Schneiderjans and Gibson. I completely understand Schneiderjans struggled mightily vs Clemson, but he had done very well previous to that. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen him since. With Gibson, the coaches obviously felt at the beginning of the season he was one of the top pitchers--he had two bad starts and then had been relegated to only pitching in blowouts.

Handling of pitchers is a very delicate thing and I really do get confused by what CDH and Howell do with our staff.