UGA (#1 of 3)

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
There doesn't seem to be any form of urgency with the team.

I watched the team in the dugout lastonight and no one seemed tuned in to the game.

I have been watching GT baseball for many years and can't remember a team that doesn't have a competitive edge to them like this group. Is there no chemistry?

You can't get swept by a 7-13 team over the wknd them come back to play your state rival and have 15-16 strike outs.
No leadership at all.
Where does the talent go after the start of the season?

I hope we can right this ship.
CDH has put his heart into the program for many years and I'm sure gives everythinghe can back to the program.
I want the team to play like they are on fire.

I know we have as good talent as any other program, so why doesn't it show?

THWG

Helluva Engineer

I watched the team in the dugout lastonight and no one seemed tuned in to the game.

I have been watching GT baseball for many years and can't remember a team that doesn't have a competitive edge to them like this group. Is there no chemistry?

You can't get swept by a 7-13 team over the wknd them come back to play your state rival and have 15-16 strike outs.
No leadership at all.

CDH has put his heart into the program for many years and I'm sure gives everythinghe can back to the program.

We just don't have any leaders right now like I said earlier. There is no player who gets the others fired up and makes them have that competitive edge. I really miss Gonzo because he was the leader last year and every time the team needed a big hit or play, he would step up. We just don't have anyone like that this year and no one is seemingly willing to step up.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
The thing that hit me the hardest last night was having 15 Ks against us and only 4 hits. We always brag about our great hitting. Guys, our hitting stinks this year. I don't think any have been told not to swing at low outside breaking balls. Can they not read the spin and know it is going to curve? They always talk about being aggressive,but they are tooooo aggressive. They don't give a wild pitcher a chance to walk them. A walk is a good thing to get. But it does not impress the pros as much as a home run, which is all that some of our stars are about.
My compliment to Keyton Gibson, you were the star of the game for us.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

No leadership at all.

This first-hand "observed" behavior plays into my concern I just 'wondered' about after the ND series vvvv

On another note... I have to wonder the toll on "how" we're losing will take on this group. Does the frustration that must exist... begin to turn into finger pointing & basic disintegration? Case & point was 4-run lead today. Their 6-run 3rd inning included 3 walks & 2 HBPs. I believe ND sent 11 batters to plate. Only put 5 balls in play.... 2 of them were outs... the other 3 all singles. That kind of inning (losing lead like that) for the defense has to really grate on your nerves.
At risk of being too speculative....I admit I do not have any direct connection to the team. I have seen no games in person and I do not believe TV gives any good perspective on this. But the way this season has played out...it does seem like the perfect storm for a really bad situation. Poor play... finger-pointing.... failing to rally behind/with each other through adversity... caring more about individual performance over the team... the list goes on. I really hope what @buzz_wiser© observed last night is not indicative of a broken team (mentally). Their performance over the last few weeks sure makes me worry.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Game #2 this Tuesday night at the Rusty C! Assuming Schneiderjans will get the nod. Hope he can carry over the success he had last week and our bats come alive early and often.