UF vs TENN

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
All I can say is that Johnson said if they were tired after so few minutes of playing time, then they didn't deserve to be on the field.

You should look at possession times prior to UT TDs in that game. When our O held the ball for more than 4 minutes, UT didn't do much. They scored on a short field, and when our O wasn't giving them a lot of rest. Sometimes, a really quick strike offense hampers a D.

Now, was that the only reason we struggled in the second half? No. But there IS a correlation between rest and results.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
UF has a better D than us. That's pretty clear to my eyes.

As for comparing UT/UF and GT/UT. One big difference stood out to me. UT special teams were excellent against us and piss poor vs UF. If UT special teams performed that way against us we'd have won. Ifs and buts....
Karma for Tennessee. Won a game they should have lost; and lost a game they should have won.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Muschamp totally mismanages the clock at the end of the game and throws up the true definition of a "Holy Mary" and wins ...
Last play of the game, the UT defensive backs should have never let a receiver get behind them, they do and they lose ...
SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC ... not !!

Jmonty71

Banned
Muschamp totally mismanages the clock at the end of the game and throws up the true definition of a "Holy Mary" and wins ...
Last play of the game, the UT defensive backs should have never let a receiver get behind them, they do and they lose ...
Sec's new mantra... "Please oh please... let Bama win... So, we look good. Bama wins and we all can pump our chests.... "

Jmonty71

Banned
Neither UF nor UT know how to manage
Technically, he spelled everything correctly. He just used the wrong words... :ROFLMAO:
Meh..... Never said English was my strong suit. :)

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
No. You can't. There are so many variables that factor into how tired someone gets. For instance, I am a runner. I usually run 20+ miles per week. My body is used to the schedule I keep it on. Monday is a 3 mile tempo run, Tuesday is 3-5 mile intervals, Friday is a 10+ mile distance run, ans Saturday is a recovery run of around 3 miles. I rest on Wed, Thu, and Sun. (And some Saturdays during football season) The other day I varied my schedule and ran a 2 mile tempo run on a Wed after missing the Tuesday run. 2 miles is a short run for me, and you would think with Thursday off I would have been fine. But I sucked wind all day Friday on my run and had to cut it short. It's not always the time you put in, but how hard you play the time you put in. We can keep saying they "shouldn't have" been tired, but we weren't on that field. Either way, it's still too early in the season to really gauge the D just yet. Even Pitt might not be a true test. But we'll know for sure by mid Oct where we stand.

I run about 2 miles on Monday, and Wednesday. Two of the other week days I play tennis. This past week, we evacuated (unnecessarily in my view but was overruled by a higher court, my wife) anyway we went to her in laws and I ran every day. It was rough on my 63 year old body but I was not going to let her brothers know it!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
What do I think? We're a .500 team with a suspect defense. If we lose the turnover battle, we have a high chance of losing.

I don't want to agree with this but it is true. We have a suspect defense, again, and living on the edge depending upon lopsided time of possession, turnovers, and other gimmickry to hide mediocre talent on defense and probably a lack of imagination in disguising blitzes, cover schemes and so forth. It is pretty depressing to be resigned to yet another year of this sort of thing but unless some drastic improvement happens soon that is what we will see.