UCLA season opener

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
No joke. Lammers is the only offensive force we have out there. They started collapsing on him in the post and now we are struggling. I can’t see us winning many games with Josh or Tadric. Need to get those guys back.
Ben is doing everything. The freshmen will come along but we really need Josh and Tad back soon.

Jacketbacker17

Jolly Good Fellow
Justin Moore... sheesh. Let’s just say that wasn’t his best of games. Alvarado played very good. Many hustle plays and clutch rebounds that made it the game it was. 7 rebounds for a 6’0 pg. The season looks exciting. Let’s just hope Josh O and Tadric aren’t out too long.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Bruins hold on against last-second shot - impressed we didn’t let it get away when down 9, and four freshmen on court. No victories in losing, really, but very hopeful. Key Freshmen just need to grow up fast and provide 6-8 each game, and let BenJoshTad do their thing. The one complaint I have is that Haywood needs to get out of his fog, and trust his instincts. His spacing looks lost on court. 28 footers? when you could shoot from 22. Also, he seems to pout on the court, body language concerns me. I thought he was a non-stop motor guy but seems to be moving in sand, jogging back on defense. Hope this gets corrected fast, he has skills.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
And Justin Moore.... Needs to emulate his last name. I’m concerned air balls will outnumber his 3 point baskets. Not a good game for him. At least he hasn’t missed in the U.S. this season.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Better than expected. With everyone available, this is a team with 4 ACC caliber starters. Hopefully we get Tadric back soon to give Lammers some help.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Good to see Alvarado settle down in the second half. Moses and JMo were disappointing.

-We need to learn how to run a fast break, I think we were about 1-5. Spacing was bad and I don’t think the lead man gave it up once
-Cole and Alston played better than I expected.
-Lammers is the man.

The graphics weren’t working on my feed so I never knew the score or got any in game stats, AD had 3 blocks by my count and looked good on the defensive end but I still cringe whenever he touches the ball on offense. Good to see CGB get his first couple to fall tonight.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Alvarado could be fun to watch over the years Hands is the real deal and Alvarado in my opinion was not outclassed at all and may have been the better player tonight. If Alvarado can average 12 a game when Tad and Okogie get back tech will be tough this year

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Did you guys notice that we shot 80% from the line? Did we do that in any game last year?

Thoughts:
Alvarado is ticker and stronger than he was in high school. He seemed like a veteran late in the game last night
Moore played like he did last year. I thought he planned shoot 10K shots in the off-season.
Moses has to play differently than he did last night or he will spend a lot of time on the bench.
I thought Cole played pretty well, but his D has to improve.
CBG was/is a mystery.

Our spacing on the final shot got really screwed up. Not sure if it was Jose, but someone was in the wrong place and made the shot more difficult.

A double/double for Lammers is nice against a good team. They were able to double team him because we never had enough guys on the floor who can score.

Overall I thought we played pretty well given we were short handed. And ESPN made a huge deal about UCLA being short handed. F**k, they were missing three guys who have never played a college game, and we had two of top three returning scorers out.

Hopefully we will hear something soon about Tad and JO. We need them badly.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Love the play of Jose. Told you guys when he committed that he was a stud. He his tough, scrappy, hard nosed and will not back down. He was nyc player of year for a reason. Point guard U is back.
I think the other freshman will come along. Like their effort. When Jackson and Okogie are back this is an NCAA tourney team. Would have won easily with them last night. And I agree with those on Moore. He tries hard but the shot is awful and his minutes are about to drop a lot.
Ben is awesome and carried us like we needed, just ran out of gas in 2nd half. I’m looking forward to watching this team develop and by ACC play we just be damn good.