Tues. (12/19) - UGAG

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This staffed really screwed up by playing Ben while hurt and it shows. He was awful on both ends of the floor. He needs to sit until ND. Our talent is just not there yet. We basically have 3 ACC level players and they have all been hurt or suspended. I believe Moses, Curt, and Alvarado can get to that level but not as freshmen. Pastner has got to land some bigger recruits and he needs to recruit local kids. Devoe is a start. It’s sad UGA hoops has better players than us.

bos

Helluva Engineer
I didn't think I would live long enough to see UGA better at basketball.

UGA beat GT by a margin of 52 points total in last 3 years.

2015: 75- 61
2016: 60-43
2017: 80-59

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

To me, this game showed me a coupla things ...

1. sLammers is clearly nowhere near 100% - the fact that the crap-a** announcers failed to recognize this was galling.
2. I wouldn't say they've surpassed us as a bball program. uGA beating us in recent years tells me 2 things
a. Fox has been there like 15 years, it's about time he put together a competent team.
b. Despite last season's success, we're in year 2 of a gut-job; uGA should be beating us at this point but it won't last.
3. I'll reiterate, we're in year 2 of what was a total rebuild. Don't let the bells/whistles of year 1 cloud your view of year 2 where we'll likely struggle (a lot).
4. As many tried to warn us, we're dealing with a lot of injuries.
5. That was the absolute worst crew of announcers ever. Super annoying, under-informed. It was so painfully obvious Lammers was playing hurt yet they kept chiding him for his effort.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
This staffed really screwed up by playing Ben while hurt and it shows. He was awful on both ends of the floor. He needs to sit until ND. Our talent is just not there yet. We basically have 3 ACC level players and they have all been hurt or suspended. I believe Moses, Curt, and Alvarado can get to that level but not as freshmen. Pastner has got to land some bigger recruits and he needs to recruit local kids. Devoe is a start. It’s sad UGA hoops has better players than us.
If by better you mean more talented then I would disagree. If by better you mean older/more experienced, I would agree. Last night, they started senior, 6th year senior, junior, junior, freshman. We started senior, senior, sophomore, freshman, freshman.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
1. Why did AD only get 4 minutes last night? Can't help but think that he could have at least provided some good minutes here and there on the defensive end.
2. We cannot expect Alston to be an offensive contributor, and I agree with those who said when/if we are fully healthy his minutes will drop drastically.
3. It's clear Ju Moore cannot be trusted to run this team - we all knew it was Alvarado's team, but it's becoming more evident game by game
4. Like what I saw from Moses (e.g. great block, powerful dunk). Seems to be getting more comfortable with the pace of the game and his role on the team.
5. Lammers is not healthy, not even close. At times last night, he didn't even attempt to contest shots. The zone suffers when you lack presence inside. He needs to sit til ND.
6. Defensive effort was the worst I've seen since Pastner got here - lack of rotation and communication, lazy fouls, no intensity, etc.
7-100. Bleh.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
5. That was the absolute worst crew of announcers ever. Super annoying, under-informed. It was so painfully obvious Lammers was playing hurt yet they kept chiding him for his effort.

You didn't enjoy hearing about Maten's shooting triangle or how Georgia can win the Rose Bowl? Worst thing about watching on a delay is I can't sync the dvr to the online announcing. I had to mute them with about 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half and just fast forward through freethrows and UGA possessions.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
You didn't enjoy hearing about Maten's shooting triangle or how Georgia can win the Rose Bowl? Worst thing about watching on a delay is I can't sync the dvr to the online announcing. I had to mute them with about 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half and just fast forward through freethrows and UGA possessions.

You probably didn’t like the Oh-key-gee pronunciation either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

We have been a pretty bad program for around 10 years now. All UGA had to do to surpass us was become semi competent.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mispronouncing of JO's name was indeed driving me insane. The guy is one of the best players in the conference and he is no longer a freshman. Lets get it together.

They are going to be hurting next year when Maten and Parker leave. Ogbeide is a good player sometimes but eh. Hammonds, Jackson and Crump could be ok but not much to be scared of considering what we have coming in the future.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Oh my f'king G. OH MY F'KING G! How did I leave that off my list?!!

Don't these imbeciles get a phonetic guide of some sort? Don't these imbeciles actually do sufficient homework to know how to basically pronounce the team's best player's name? Is that asking for too much? Just know how to say. the. dude's. name.

Does he not know basic English? Where in 'Okogie' is there a "KEE" sounds? Does 'kog' read 'kee' to anyone? I know there are some names in Great Britain where 'koe' is pronounced 'kee' but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about some hack-job announcer screwing up a guy's name. Did he just get the game on short-notice in between announcing curling highlights and moonlighting at the bowling alley or something!?!

.... sorry, everything went white there for a second. :oops:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Oh my f'king G. OH MY F'KING G! How did I leave that off my list?!!

Don't these imbeciles get a phonetic guide of some sort? Don't these imbeciles actually do sufficient homework to know how to basically pronounce the team's best player's name? Is that asking for too much? Just know how to say. the. dude's. name.

Does he not know basic English? Where in 'Okogie' is there a "KEE" sounds? Does 'kog' read 'kee' to anyone? I know there are some names in Great Britain where 'koe' is pronounced 'kee' but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about some hack-job announcer screwing up a guy's name. Did he just get the game on short-notice in between announcing curling highlights and moonlighting at the bowling alley or something!?!

.... sorry, everything went white there for a second. :oops:

I tweeted at Chris Spatola on sunday as well after he said our colors were Navy and Yellow.

Ahem....

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
If by better you mean more talented then I would disagree. If by better you mean older/more experienced, I would agree. Last night, they started senior, 6th year senior, junior, junior, freshman. We started senior, senior, sophomore, freshman, freshman.
Next year there will be no Seniors starting for Tech so it may be worse.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Next year there will be no Seniors starting for Tech so it may be worse.
Yes, but they lose Maten and Parker. We will have 3 sophomores with serious game experience under their belts, (hopefully) alongside a returning all-ACC performer in Okogie, and a top 60 recruit coming in to fill out the back court.