Tues. (12/19) - UGAG

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT opens + 4.

Smaller than I thought it would be. If Tadric is able to play, we have a good shot. I expect a physical contest and it's gonna be very important for us to attempt and make a high # of free-throws.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
GT opens + 4.

Smaller than I thought it would be. If Tadric is able to play, we have a good shot. I expect a physical contest and it's gonna be very important for us to attempt and make a high # of free-throws.
Unfortunately he and Haywood are out according to CJP on his radio show last night.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
The Maten matchup looks like a nightmare. I think if Mark Fox doesn't try to get too cute (which is a pretty big if), he could have a monster game.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Maten matchup looks like a nightmare. I think if Mark Fox doesn't try to get too cute (which is a pretty big if), he could have a monster game.

He'll get his, but I'm equally concerned about Derek Ogbeidei.. He was a handful last year on the boards. If we want to win this game, we have to win the battle of the boards.

Hopefully between AD, Moses, Cole, and Ben, we'll have enough size to at least neutralize them.

Things I'm watching for tonight:

1. Guard play? With Tadric and CGB out, we are going to be challenged to score. We'll need everyone to step up, including JO.
2. Battle of the Boards - Our Bigs must eat on the glass all night - it's going to be physical. Guessing we'll play a lot of zone tonight to force'em outta the paint, that can hurt rebounding.

Hopefully we go right at Maten and try putting him into early foul trouble. IMO, if we are going to win tonight, we need a big game from Ben and the supporting interior guys.

Coming into the season, I felt like this was likely a L, but it feels like we have a shot. Just concerned that we're some key contributors again. That darn injury bug has bitten us once again.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Without Haywood and Tadric - plus a likely still hobbled Ben and a rusty JO - I really don't see a happy ending tonight. That is 4 of the starting 5. I don't care who you are that is a lot unless LeBron magically comes through the tunnel.

Hoping for the best but ......

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Really need Alston to play like his hair is on fire tonight. Jose has to be dialed in from the tip at well. We are going to need him to get 14-17 tonight

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
Without Haywood and Tadric - plus a likely still hobbled Ben and a rusty JO - I really don't see a happy ending tonight. That is 4 of the starting 5. I don't care who you are that is a lot unless LeBron magically comes through the tunnel.

Unfortunately, I see it that way as well. A win tonight and an Oklahoma win in the Rose Bowl would sure make the past few months more tolerable.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
From the radio show it seems like Tadric is a self proclaimed "out" for the game as of practice yesterday. So doctors aren't holding him out. A Senior playing an in state rival who we've lost 2 in a row against. I seriously doubt he stays out. Limited minutes, maybe, but let's hope he plays.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Really need Alston to play like his hair is on fire tonight. Jose has to be dialed in from the tip at well. We are going to need him to get 14-17 tonight

Yeah. Alston is capable of turning out good performances. I agree we'll probably depend on him a good bit and have a short bench. I don't mind Moore getting minutes, but he really can't be out there tonight without 2/3 Okogie/Lammers/Alvarado or we'll really struggle to score at all unless Alston is having a good game.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

This makes a lot of sense to me. I will be very pleasantly surprised if we are able to pull this one out.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Not that they have much of a home court advantage anyway, but with students being on break and literally the entire fan base focused on the Rose Bowl, I expect the crowd to be fairly sparse tonight.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Not that they have much of a home court advantage anyway, but with students being on break and literally the entire fan base focused on the Rose Bowl, I expect the crowd to be fairly sparse tonight.

Have our fans traveled well in the past to this game? Im guessing not since McCamish has been somewhat disappointing in recent years (with the exception of after teh UNC game last year)

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Intrigued that the line has gone 'up' that's most likely due to 'smart' money knowing Tadric is out.As far as the actual 40 minutes of basketball that has to be played...don't be surprised if we're CLEARLY the better basketball team...better brand of ball offensively and defensively...Maten will have to shoot over Ben all night with length coming from the help side in the form of AD and Wright.We'll score easier...backdoor cuts,open 3's off movement and penetration and our trademark changing defensive attack.Frazier is gone...he bailed them out last year...backcourt and depth are average.We come away and win this on the road.Big games from Josh,Ben,Jose,Alston and tonight UGAG will lose Cole on the offensive end and he'll make some big buckets off the bench.#togetherweswarm #ourbrandsbetterthanyours

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It's going to be rough going. ith Okogie and Ben we have a chance, but not having Haywood nor Jackson is going to be really hard. If we win I expect it will have to be from a "start of a legend" type of game from either Jose or Wright.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
It's going to be rough going. ith Okogie and Ben we have a chance, but not having Haywood nor Jackson is going to be really hard. If we win I expect it will have to be from a "start of a legend" type of game from either Jose or Wright.
I disagree respectfully but wouldn't mind a start of a legend type of game from Wright...I'll take a performance like last game.I love his confidence.But my point is the brand of basketball we play is very solid on both ends...with Okogie back bolstering our overall talent amplifies the brand making us tough to beat in 40 minute contest.Josh will be the most impactful player on the court with Ben right behind him.We are better...