Tues. (12/19) - UGAG

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We are a 7 man team right now. Jose, Jackson, Okogie, Wright, Lammers, Gueye, and Haywood. Cole is probably two years away from being ready to contribute, Alston never will, Moore is at best a get the ball up the floor and play solid defense guy this year, and Ogbonda is mia so far. Fully healthy we could threaten some but anything less than 100% and we're just too thin.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
We are a 7 man team right now. Jose, Jackson, Okogie, Wright, Lammers, Gueye, and Haywood. Cole is probably two years away from being ready to contribute, Alston never will, Moore is at best a get the ball up the floor and play solid defense guy this year, and Ogbonda is mia so far. Fully healthy we could threaten some but anything less than 100% and we're just too thin.

Missing out on impact grad transfers really hurt the talent level. Someone like Robertson, now at Missouri, would have been a big addition. The PF spot this year is non-competitive vs legit teams

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Hell no. This is pathetic

The sad thing is due to the Grambling disaster, Pastner clearly didn't feel comfortable resting Lammers and/or Tadric. At this point might as well rest Lammers until ACC play. Gonna have to have an incredible ACC record to make the tourney anyways.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Grad transfers are why we are in this mess. Get Moses experience this year. It's what's best for the program.

Not when you have no guarantee your 3 best players will still be in the program in 2018-2019. Wright should never have been counted on this year due to his inexperience. There are far too many"projects" on this roster, which makes sense given the coaching change but also why you need immediate contributors

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Can't blame Lammers for us not guarding the shooter in the second half, imo.

Tadric scored on a lot of solo O. As a result (?), we had other guys trying it. Imo, they played team O and team D, and we did not.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I think we lost to uga in every sport this year. Time for us GT fans to start emailing Tstan and the other key people in the department about how bad this is. We truly suck in football and basketball. It's embarrassing

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We’re hurting. I’m giving the team a pass on this one.
I’m kind of in the same boat. Lammers looks like he is barely out there. Okogie and Jackson look sluggish as well even though they managed to rack up some points. The 4 best players on our team are probably operating at 50% at best. We can’t beat anybody playing like we did tonight but hopefully we heal up and become a different team.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From a macro level, I've taken a patient long view and continue to believe we'll be much better down the road by the time the 2019 class arrives. I'd say I do my best to be pretty supportive and set realistic expectations.

All of that said, tonight's lackluster defense is unacceptable. Pastner needs to light these kids up on the bus ride home. I can handle a big loss if the appropriate effort is there and it wasn't tonight.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Since when did mugging a player after he takes a shot stop being a foul? We deserved a lot more free throws during this game. We just don't have depth to keep up with a decent team in the 2nd half. We need Ben to sit until ACC play. He needs to be cutting under the rim to be effective. Opens up his outside shot, pulls the defense in, helps the whole offense really. He's clearly playing hurt and I respect that but we're going to need him over 90% healthy to compete in the ACC.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not when you have no guarantee your 3 best players will still be in the program in 2018-2019. Wright should never have been counted on this year due to his inexperience. There are far too many"projects" on this roster, which makes sense given the coaching change but also why you need immediate contributors

And that logic is exactly what got us into this mess. It was short term, win now at any cost, mentality that set our program back. We should have been getting and playing recruits instead of guys like Cox, Mitchell, Sampson, Jacobs, and White. Sure they were probably marginally better than freshmen that year, but it hurt us long term, because it left us with exactly one big with anything close to experience, and really Lammers didn't have that much, for the first two years.

We are in a rebuilding process. A major one from the utter disaster that was gregory. You don't sacrifice the long term good of the program for a short term "boost". We're doing the right thing by sucking it up and getting experience for the young guys, instead of relying on mercenaries who won't be here to help the program anyways.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Say what u want but this is a 14 win team tops. The program is a train wreck. I’ll be in South Bend next Saturday praying for a win but really there to be there. 2017 in GT athletics is a **** show

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
We played lackluster defense, our shots were not falling (Lammers was 2 of 10!!!), and I saw an incredible amount of phantom fouls. I really don't like losing to UGA, and I especially don't like getting blown out...but this team is thin, injured, and just hasn't come together yet. I have faith in Pastner and the program. Last year, we played our best ball at the end of the year. Let's see if we can do it again. 1-1 with JO.

Buzzzard

Georgia Tech Fan
Death by papercuts. GT athletics is a hot mess top to bottom. I'm in no way discounting the time and effort put in by the athletes but we need some tough love right now in all areas.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I am watching the game this morning. About 3 mins into the second half you knew where it was going. Lammers looks like a slow stiff tall white guy right now. He’s not even able to get off the floor to even contest some shots, nevermind block them.

To be fair, and I’ll preface this with: I am a huge Jose Alvarado fan.

He played like absolute **** last night.

Moses Wright May have potential but I don’t have a ton of confidence in his ability to be effective against anyone other than the FAMU and other crap teams on our schedule. I’d like to see a matrix of his shooting outside of about 4 feet.

Georgia just shot 58% overall and 48% from three. I don’t care if they are at home or not. Winthrop pushed them to the brink at home.

Just another year as a GT fan. Oh we have talent? Well here have some injuries and suspensions and bull****.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
What a disappointing season on and off the court.

Let's face it, Ron was the heart and soul of the program. Bring him back!

Don’t embrace this Ron moniker people have given you. Some of us were kind of kidding at first but now it’s not funny, you have displayed some of the same tendencies that the man used on twitter and I am not convinced you aren’t him. A man that was proactive in trying to burn down our program and our coach.