Transfers out

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
If you look at the players who can take those minutes, it doesn't look so bad.

Was Miles Kelly processed or was Gt out-bid for a free agent?

Last edited:

Richland County

Georgia Tech Fan
He wasn't processed. To keep it simple, we can call it out-bid, but there's additional nuance.
CDS was helping him find a spot. Sounds a little bit like he was processed. He seemed like he was out of his comfort zone being asked to be a leader and a ball handler. When he was asked to just sit on the wing and shoot he was much happier. It will be interesting to see his role at da u. He better do a lot of ball handling drills before leaving.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CDS was helping him find a spot. Sounds a little bit like he was processed. He seemed like he was out of his comfort zone being asked to be a leader and a ball handler. When he was asked to just sit on the wing and shoot he was much happier. It will be interesting to see his role at da u. He better do a lot of ball handling drills before leaving.
Helping him find a spot because there was an honest conversation around the money.

There was a spot available at a certain salary level.

Richland County

Georgia Tech Fan
Helping him find a spot because there was an honest conversation around the money.

There was a spot available at a certain salary level.
Yeah NIL apparently cuts both ways. The OU transfer took his spot at every level I guess. Loyalty from both sides has left the building. College basketball might as well be H league one level lower than the G.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad it's Auburn, not Miami. But as I said in an earlier post I will be interested to see how much playing time he gets (as opposed to this past season) with their load of guards.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
He'll be a role player there, which is his natural role. His shooting range means he can create spacing for an offense. There is value in that. If he moves on to some pro league, he will be a role player there also. But if he was a foundational, all-around player that can take control and lead a team to wins at the highest level, I think he would have shown that last season.

He's like Devoe (But Mike could finish around the rim in college) and maybe Anthony Morrow (It's been many years, but my memory of Morrow is that he had a little more fast twitch to his game that was evident on the defensive end). Both of those guys were good but not great college players that were best suited as complimentary players and none were well suited to be take charge leaders.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
He'll be a role player there, which is his natural role. His shooting range means he can create spacing for an offense. There is value in that. If he moves on to some pro league, he will be a role player there also. But if he was a foundational, all-around player that can take control and lead a team to wins at the highest level, I think he would have shown that last season.

He's like Devoe (But Mike could finish around the rim in college) and maybe Anthony Morrow (It's been many years, but my memory of Morrow is that he had a little more fast twitch to his game that was evident on the defensive end). Both of those guys were good but not great college players that were best suited as complimentary players and none were well suited to be take charge leaders.
Anthony played in the NBA for 9 years. He was a 3&D guy who played a role, but 9 years in the NBA is a long time.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Morrow's Ppg:
FR: 5.7ppg
So: 16ppg, 4.5rpg
Jr: 9.5ppg, 2.7rpg*
Sr: 14.3ppg, 4.8rpg

Kelly's Ppg:
FR: 5.2ppg, 1.4Rpg
So: 14.4Ppg, 3.4Rpg
Jr.: 13.9Ppg, 5.5Rpg

*This was the season Morrow got pushed off WF so Thad could play there.

Anthony played a similar role at GT as he did in the NBA, right? He was a good starting player but despite the nine year NBA career, he is not mentioned in the same breath as the GT greats. He was a very good role player but he was not a star player. I think he was a solid defensive player, better than Miles and Devoe.

Last edited:

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember Morrow's release as pretty uniquely lightning-fast. He also had a significantly higher three point shooting percentage. Elite-level, to use a favorite phrase around here. Not a primary driver of offense, but someone who'd basically be impossible to upgrade in the role he played (which is why he had that NBA career).

Timing-wise he also missed out on the best Hewitt teams, otherwise he'd probably have some more memorable highlights in our memories.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck

Maybe like Marvin Lewis? On the right team, he can be productive, he’s a great player.