Rodney Howard, Jalen Moore and
Damion Smith

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Three of last years transfers from
Tech had very successful years and big contributors to their teams
Rodney Howard, Jalen Moore and
Damion Smith
Good for them. Very common in current college BB. None had years near that at GT under CJP. The Oklahoma coach got fired. Wonder how that will impact Moore.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Gapare in the portal. Best of luck to him!

I don't get surprised by many portal entries these days, but this one truly caught me off guard. He was starting and playing a ton by the end of the season, and was showing measurable improvement. Seemed to be enjoying himself too. Obviously, we don't know what conversations happened behind closed doors, but I certainly didn't expect this.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
SUPER bummed by this. I’m hoping the door is cracked to return. He has a physical presence, and tempting skill set unlike anyone on roster. IMO, with the right work and development, he’s an NBA player. Sure, we can say that about anyone, but his total package potential make for a true reason to believe.
If he has to leave, hope it’s out of ACC. But HOPING he returns.

yjfan

Jolly Good Fellow
I love his potential, also feel he is one of teh players who needs to get tougher.
so many times i've seen him stripped of the ball either on a rebound or a drive to the basket.
but the skillset is there for development to be an amazing player

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I don't get surprised by many portal entries these days, but this one truly caught me off guard. He was starting and playing a ton by the end of the season, and was showing measurable improvement. Seemed to be enjoying himself too. Obviously, we don't know what conversations happened behind closed doors, but I certainly didn't expect this.
There were indications he might hit the portal a few weeks ago.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Disappointing given Gapare’s potential, but I think he’s too far from being a finished product that CDS doesn’t have time to wait. If Gapare showed progress earlier on last season, I bet we’d have him this season. But he’s still too raw when you have these other options in the portal. I think he was playing so much towards the end of the season because he started playing better, but it was more because we legitimately didn’t have anyone else.

slugboy

Staff member
I’m not saying Gaspare or anyone will come back, but players occasionally pull their names back out.

One of these days, one of our players will go into the portal, people will say some harsh things, and then that player will be back starting for us and some people will have a bad taste in their mouths.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m not saying Gaspare or anyone will come back, but players occasionally pull their names back out.

One of these days, one of our players will go into the portal, people will say some harsh things, and then that player will be back starting for us and some people will have a bad taste in their mouths.
there have certainly been instances of players entering the portal and wanting to return and the coach and school has moved on or given away their roster spot. Could be a one way ticket to UNC Asheville

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Before the portal opened one basketball reporter said that he expected alot of players to enter the portal and try to use it as leverage to get a better 'deal' from the school they just left.

Richland County

Georgia Tech Fan
I would guess every entry into the portal from Tech is a mutual decision. The talent that is coming in is pushing some guys out. NIL ended all loyalty from both sides.

minorityoption

Georgia Tech Fan
Before the portal opened one basketball reporter said that he expected alot of players to enter the portal and try to use it as leverage to get a better 'deal' from the school they just left.
If true, schools need to show some courage and respect for themselves by closing the door. Something needs to tone down this annual free agency.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
Don’t get upset with kids transferring. Even though it’s often misguided, I understand the desire to maximize earning potential, get more playing time, move closer to home, play in a better scheme, academic issues or being asked to leave, but this one is a bit infuriating. Most of this season, he made a ton of mistakes, took bad shots, turned the ball over, and was ineffective on defense. But you accepted that the playing time this year was the cost to keep him happy to hopefully get the better version of him in following seasons. And now someone else gets to reap those benefits if and when they materialize.