Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nobody cares. But if it gets brought up, there's no need to go scorched earth on guys just because they leave.

It's not much different in 'business'. I hate when you go to a place and people blame all the problems on folks that aren't there anymore. Or, when someone leaves, everybody claims they left because they couldn't handle whatever.

At best, it's just poor form. At worst, it's a major sign of weakness.

JacketFan137

Banned
who cares about former players? if an employee leaves my company, then they leave. I don't need constant updates on how they are doing at the new firm, because I don't care. I have my own business to run without frequent updates on ex-coworkers.

Good luck, good bye. gone is gone. who cares.
1. it’s a pretty slow news period in college football right now. topics are gonna be rehashed cause frankly nothing new is developing unless you have a very close in with the program who’s leaking you information.

2. in a way we might need to prepare for this in the future. gt has not and probably never will be a destination school since before any of these recruits were even born. with the portal the way it is at this point we might have to accept that any superstar standouts are off to bama, ohio state, oklahoma etc. i think the best path here is to support the transfers. hope they talk well about their time on the flats and accept a role as a developmental school. unless some of our alums want to crank up the NIL fund then we kinda have to accept this whole situation for what it is

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
who cares about former players? if an employee leaves my company, then they leave. I don't need constant updates on how they are doing at the new firm, because I don't care. I have my own business to run without frequent updates on ex-coworkers.

Good luck, good bye. gone is gone. who cares.
Yeah, but companies usually don't give a crap about any of their employees. Fans get more invested in players. Whether it's Gibbs, Vad Lee, Dedrik Mills, Lucas Johnson, Marcus Marshall, etc., etc., im usually interested in how they are doing in their new roles. Although with the transfer portal, its going to be hard to keep up with all of them.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
In defense of Jahmyr Gibbs. I watched every Georgia Tech game on TV, live in Florida. How many times did we see many defensive players in Tech's backfield just as he got the ball? A player deserves an opportunity to show his abilities. Was not going to happen for him at Georgia Tech.

What more can he show at Bama? Gibbs showed he can be elite in adverse and that he’s also 3 down who can run in between the tackles

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What more can he show at Bama? Gibbs showed he can be elite in adverse and that he’s also 3 down who can run in between the tackles
At Ala
He has more NIL opportunities.

He has better chance to win post season award.

He can Learn to play alongside Elite talent.

Has quality back ups nipping at his heals.

But u are right - he has already shown the gt fans.

Now other folks get to see the guy.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Paris Johnson OSU ol will not be leaving OSU. He had some trouble in spring game at LT but press clippings say he is solid at LT and will move from guard. At one point we had a slim chance.

Back to reality. Got some realistic ol types being recruited.

JacketFan137

Banned
The portal has gotten hilarious. I think more and more guys are gonna find the grass isn’t greener.
gotta give him credit though he is graduating so if he is smart and going to somewhere to “play school” he can come out with a graduate degree since he has 3 years left. don’t know much about him but it could be due to a program tech doesn’t offer.

still though it’s crazy how quick guys are to turn

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
can’t wait for some to explain why this is a major loss. let’s see what peje and the transfer benson can do now that long wants to emphasize the TE position

Dylan Leonard reportedly had a very good Spring, as well. Deveney was a guy we took a flyer on because we had zero tight ends and he had good size. Couldn't stay healthy but I wish him well.