Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

JacketFan137

Banned
Are we looking in the portal for a TE? Are we good there now?
we have 3 that people know of. dylan leonard, peje harris and luke benson. the rest are guys we know nothing about. i’m not sure it’s necessary that we go to the portal for them because the rest are gonna likely be used as blockers anyway. i bet we will be open if a guy is out there but i doubt we are aggressively pursuing one

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
we have 3 that people know of. dylan leonard, peje harris and luke benson. the rest are guys we know nothing about. i’m not sure it’s necessary that we go to the portal for them because the rest are gonna likely be used as blockers anyway. i bet we will be open if a guy is out there but i doubt we are aggressively pursuing one
And Billy Ward looked serviceable in spring scrimmage.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs is magic once he gets into the secondary. Our OL just couldn't open the holes often enough. A couple of times he went all the way only to have a TD called back on a down field holding call on a WR. He has great open field vision and can make quick cuts that leave defenders waving at him. Too bad we couldn't use his talents better. We will have good backs this year but he was special. Would have been interesting to have him with the new OC but GC waited too long to make needed changes.
It's amazing that people make up stuff just to be able to blame Collins.

Gibbs got $50K and a car to go to Alabama on an NIL deal. What does that have to do with the made up story that Gibbs left due to Collins waiting "too long to make needed changes"? And why do you believe it was Collins' idea to have one of the lowest paid staffs in P5 (as of 2020 per USA Today) for the last 3 years?

Here's a story: Gibbs went to a Alabama because g0lftime promised to pay him more than the Tide, then welched on the deal.

That statement is as credible as most of the stuff I read on this board these days.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It's amazing that people make up stuff just to be able to blame Collins.

Gibbs got $50K and a car to go to Alabama on an NIL deal. What does that have to do with the made up story that Gibbs left due to Collins waiting "too long to make needed changes"? And why do you believe it was Collins' idea to have one of the lowest paid staffs in P5 (as of 2020 per USA Today) for the last 3 years?

Here's a story: Gibbs went to a Alabama because g0lftime promised to pay him more than the Tide, then welched on the deal.

That statement is as credible as most of the stuff I read on this board these days.
Sources?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That he can be produce in the best conference on an elite team and not be questioned if his stats are empty playing on such a bad team.

How can stats on a bad team be empty in football tho?

If anything they mean more than stats on a good team.

To me, the only empty stat on a bad team is tackles... maybe.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The portal has gotten hilarious. I think more and more guys are gonna find the grass isn’t greener.
If you want to understand where this is headed just look at college basketball as it has a few years head start in using the portal. On a yearly basis over 40% of all college basketball players portal.
When you add in those that use up their eligibility and those that leave early for professional opportunities that means most schools are looking at replacing over 50% of their roster every year.

There will always be someone to tell the guys that the grass is greener somewhere else. And with all the money being thrown around in college football that won't just be a figurative phrase.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Random note. Stephon Wynn, DL, Alabama, in the portal, was originally offered in 2016. I don't know how many like him where offered almost 7 years ago and can still play college ball, but I think there should be a John Belushi college sweatshirt award for the oldest guy in the portal.

Attachments

• still-of-john-belushi-in-animal-house-1978.jpg
    still-of-john-belushi-in-animal-house-1978.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

JacketFan137

Banned
Random note. Stephon Wynn, DL, Alabama, in the portal, was originally offered in 2016. I don't how many like him where offered almost 7 years ago and can still play college ball, but I think there should be a John Belushi college sweatshirt award for the oldest guy in the portal.
if he took advantage of the opportunity and completed his degree(s) he could just about have a doctorate for free lol