Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

SJBryan

Georgia Tech Fan
Dang it guys. There is a Gibbs thread. There is a NIL thread. This thread is supposed to be about potential transfers to Georgia Tech. Has it moved to page 6 of a different thread? If so please point me in that direction.
That’s all I asked was that we move forward without him and got ran over like I was the only one on here that said anything.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
About transferring in general....

I definitely don't envy coaches in regards to roster management. Unrestricted transfers and extra covis year of eligibility have made this borderline impossible unless your school recruits itself

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
So lame for TD too just follow Daddy everywhere
Why? Apparently he enjoys playing football for his Dad and his Dad enjoys having him on his football team. Why shouldn’t they take advantage of the short time they have left to continue their current relationship?

I’ve been involved with youth sports for the last 18 years. One thing I have heard some kids and some parents say after their kids were too old to play anymore is that playing for their parents (our organization has plenty of moms and dads that coach) was one of the ways they were able to spend more time together as a family. Of course that’s not always a good thing, hah hah. But if they like spending time together and have the opportunity then they should take it before it disappears.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Why? Apparently he enjoys playing football for his Dad and his Dad enjoys having him on his football team. Why shouldn’t they take advantage of the short time they have left to continue their current relationship?

I’ve been involved with youth sports for the last 18 years. One thing I have heard some kids and some parents say after their kids were too old to play anymore is that playing for their parents (our organization has plenty of moms and dads that coach) was one of the ways they were able to spend more time together as a family. Of course that’s not always a good thing, hah hah. But if they like spending time together and have the opportunity then they should take it before it disappears.
I coach my 2nd son at the varsity level and my youngest at the middle school level. My oldest helps as an assistant on both teams (and still practice's with the varsity team.) I value this time tremendously. God bless the Roof's for the time they get together.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
NIL was not the reason Gibbs transferred. He turned down multiple offers at Tech this past year. Keep in mind, NIL deals are not allowed to incite a player to sign or transfer. Obviously, this is happening but some schools (BYU and Miami are a couple of the first) are being, or going to be, investigated about this type of stuff.
Investigate? The NCAA? OK, I am gullible.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I like the guys we have transferring in. This is a nice pickup.

We have had nine guys enter their names to the portal. According to 247, only one (Gibbs) has found a new team thus far.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess this confirms collins will be the DC
Yeah that's a little snippet that honestly I'm actually positive about... Collins seemed to do a decent job at DC scheming and running it. This plus getting rid of the stupid 2 coaches coaching secondary logic leaves me a little hopeful that overall defense will improve

JacketFan137

Banned
Can we just get past all the Gibbs talk. I get it, he was a once in a lifetime player and he’s going to do great things because the “ LINE PLAY WILL BE A LOT BETTER FOR ALABAMA”, let’s move on to who we do have and what they can do.
we don’t play for 9 months. not like there’s a whole lot else to talk about.

this thread also has people pining over so many random players. should we stop that too?

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
This plus getting rid of the stupid 2 coaches coaching secondary logic leaves me a little hopeful that overall defense will improve
This isn’t a shot at the original poster, but I’m not sure why the Tech media put it out there that having two secondary coaches led to a lack of communication. Most places have two secondary coaches. Even saw that Mississippi State has 3 on-field secondary coaches. Five db’s regularly play and the responsibilities of the nickel back(Wesley Walker) and the strong safety(Tariq) differ quite a bit. It’s likely we had the two wrong secondary coaches, but the number of coaches wasn’t the problem.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Not according to 247.

Actually it was Griffin to Coastal Carolina
I get your overall point perhaps is that many of the GT portal guys aren’t receiving much interest from other programs but it may also be that these transfers haven’t totally made up their mind on which offer they’re taking (much less likely but is possible). Keep in mind that as a whole the overall percentage of transfer players in the portal finding new places to play is around 27-28% so it’s not just a GT player issue.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I believe Griffin went to Coastal. Feel like I remembered seeing that but could be wrong.
You are correct I named the wrong Carolina school. Griffin did go to Coastal Carolina.