Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

for $1m I suppose Caleb had to transfer, since when he went to OU, he wasn't eligible to get paid (legally). So, now he can cash in. If E Michigan can offer $1m, I suspect Auburn or Ole Miss will offer double that. Someone needs to buck up around here if we want big time transfers like this, or even big big time recruits like Bryce Young (rec'd $1m before playing at all).
And now the NIL system is completely broken. It doesn’t even make sense. There’s no way that his name/image/likeness will earn that company $1M back on its use. This is purely bag men type stuff at this point.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
And now the NIL system is completely broken. It doesn’t even make sense. There’s no way that his name/image/likeness will earn that company $1M back on its use. This is purely bag men type stuff at this point.
None of it made financial sense. From the Miami gym paying everyone at the U, to DJU getting a Dr. Pepper commercial, to Quinn Ewers getting a million to skip his SR year of high school to take a couple snaps at Ohio State. Things will self correct a bit, but top guys will continue to get paid… which happened before NIL. We just know about the terms now. Wouldn’t say anything is broken.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I have no problem with NIL. It’s been going on for decades behind closed doors. At least now a school that doesn’t want to get caught doing underhand deals can now do it. If they don’t that’s on them. The fact that we couldn’t get Gibbs a sufficient deal for him to stay just tells me we’ll be mediocre at the NIL just like we are in so many other facets of athletics. GT athletics are run by morons who couldn’t market cold water in July.

The simple fact is GT is just a conglomeration of random people earning paychecks at their positions with no love or long term planning for the Institute. From the President, to the staff, to the professors, to the coaches. GT is just a paycheck. And the Board of Regents loves it because they are majority dogs. And us alum are either too old to do anything or too busy running our lives to do anything either. Collins, in my opinion, seems like he loves GT more than anyone else over there. He at least says it publicly. Man, I hope he can turn it around.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I have no problem with NIL. It’s been going on for decades behind closed doors. At least now a school that doesn’t want to get caught doing underhand deals can now do it. If they don’t that’s on them. The fact that we couldn’t get Gibbs a sufficient deal for him to stay just tells me we’ll be mediocre at the NIL just like we are in so many other facets of athletics. GT athletics are run by morons who couldn’t market cold water in July.

The simple fact is GT is just a conglomeration of random people earning paychecks at their positions with no love or long term planning for the Institute. From the President, to the staff, to the professors, to the coaches. GT is just a paycheck. And the Board of Regents loves it because they are majority dogs. And us alum are either too old to do anything or too busy running our lives to do anything either. Collins, in my opinion, seems like he loves GT more than anyone else over there. He at least says it publicly. Man, I hope he can turn it around.
We need to get the whole team Pelaton deals. With the star players at least.

Imagine weekly training sessions with your favorite college athletes. Has potential to makes financial sense on both fronts.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Can we just get past all the Gibbs talk. I get it, he was a once in a lifetime player and he’s going to do great things because the “ LINE PLAY WILL BE A LOT BETTER FOR ALABAMA”, let’s move on to who we do have and what they can do.

Shows what you know. This is the NIL thread, not the Gibbs thread. ;)

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow

NIL was not the reason Gibbs transferred. He turned down multiple offers at Tech this past year. Keep in mind, NIL deals are not allowed to incite a player to sign or transfer. Obviously, this is happening but some schools (BYU and Miami are a couple of the first) are being, or going to be, investigated about this type of stuff.

WraleighWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Who is going to investigate them? The NCAA? They didn’t have the staff to properly investigate the minor things that were going on before NIL. I also thought that NIL couldn’t be used to entice a player to sign or transfer - but obviously no one cares given the Charlie Batch tweet. I don’t think the NCAA even has a clear set of rules yet on what you can or can’t do with NIL. You think they will be able to investigate all the NIL issues that are happening at every school now. All I know is that if any school gets penalized, odds are that it will be Tech, probably for some minor **** like giving every kid a free sweatshirt.