Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Choice is doing an excellent job. We’re not hurting at RB despite losing Gibbs and Mason. I’m sure with Choice we’ll be drooling over the 3rd and 4th string when they get game action.

We don’t have an OL coach capable of developing talent, DL is always an issue at GT even when we have NFL capable players for some reason, behind them you’ve lost the staff and there’s no replacements yet so we got no idea what the secondary will yield. Not even sure what a TE is except someone that takes the spot of an otherwise useful player.
I love the last sentence.
As i read your post i went from feeling good, to becoming concerned, to WTF is a tight end.
For years we never had one. Then one cam in year one and he went to NFL after one year. Not sure i remember what he did. Yea, what does a good tight end look like?

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I love the last sentence.
As i read your post i went from feeling good, to becoming concerned, to WTF is a tight end.
For years we never had one. Then one cam in year one and he went to NFL after one year. Not sure i remember what he did. Yea, what does a good tight end look like?
6C37CEBF-4CDA-4279-A6B7-7462D43B722D.jpeg

Sorry to deface the thread, but here’s an answer.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Oh they could have been a lot worse. That's the problem with snark. We're so busy looking to insult someone we fail to see things as they actually are.
Fair. But would be ok with a claim by many on this board that if they’d spent 20 years coaching football they could guarantee better results leading those same players than what we produced this year?

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
My wife had Calvin in one of her classes. According to her, he worked pretty damn hard. She was not an easy grader. Also had Phillip Wheeler and Elris Anyabe in that class. One of the young track studs actually failed the class.
I didn’t say he was a hard worker. He was. He was the class behind me and was supposed to play on our baseball team too.

I went to HS down the road from him too. Calvin is the kind of guy that did everything his best.

That doesn’t change my overall point. His main point that football was still his main priority. Playing in the NFL was his North Star so to say.

I played with and knew many athletes at GT that worked hard in the classroom. I did as well. Mostly because I had to keep HOPE since baseball only had 12.5 schollies to go around.

Athletics still trumped academics for virtually all the guys that had any chance at playing at the next level.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t say he was a hard worker. He was. He was the class behind me and was supposed to play on our baseball team too.

I went to HS down the road from him too. Calvin is the kind of guy that did everything his best.

That doesn’t change my overall point. His main point that football was still his main priority. Playing in the NFL was his North Star so to say.

I played with and knew many athletes at GT that worked hard in the classroom. I did as well. Mostly because I had to keep HOPE since baseball only had 12.5 schollies to go around.

Athletics still trumped academics for virtually all the guys that had any chance at playing at the next level.
I wasn’t commenting on your point. Just using it as a jumping off spot to tout Calvin for his ever-diligent work ethic.