Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
you’re putting way too much blame strictly on the QB when we had such bad offensive line play and defense. for you to just pin it all on the qbs and act like that is the only factor clearly illustrates you have no idea what you’re talking about
Some people just watch the ball. Most of them are the same people who pin all of the lack of success on Collins. I've given up trying to educate them. May as well try to teach calculus to a UGA journalism major.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Nebraska was 3-9 this year and has been bad the past couple of years like up. Almost sold out every game. Always a sea of red. Its not just a team problem. We can do better too.

Even their spring game gets completely sold out.
I lived in Arkansas for some years and Nebraska and AR. are exactly alike in that they're the only game in a one horse state. Makes an enormous difference, you have to live there to fully understand that IMO.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
never seen a fanbase so desperate to run out a talent like sims out of town. absolutely pathetic stuff from some of the posters on this page

Paul Tchio- Clemson transfer- 6’5 311 lbs
Pierce Quick- Alabama transfer- 6’5 287 lbs
Both OT
Both are welcomed help. Any news on anyone transfering in or out. As far as I know Gibbs, Yates, Amerson, and Camp were the only ones to enter the Transfer Portal in the last few days.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Using this logic, please don't ever complain again about Georgia Tech football mediocrity.
I don’t think I’ve ever complained about GT football mediocrity. I’m waaaaay use to it. But I do enjoy those 1 in 8 years when we get 8-10 wins. I simply point out when the school decided to become an international school this is what happens. We grow alumni who do not care for the “Georgia“ part of the Georgia Institute of Technology and they sure don’t care about athletics. But if you point that out folks think you are saying something negative. I’m not. It’s not the students fault that they were admitted and the first time they step foot in Georgia is when they move into a dorm. My son has made a lot of friends from all over the country and world the last 3 months. His best friend is a kid from Michigan who is a huge Wolverine fan. When that kid graduates he’ll be buying Michigan season Tix not GT. My son walked across the street to his dorm after the UGA game and half his dorm had never left the dorm and didn’t know the score. They were watching soccer or the other games of teams they root for.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think I’ve ever complained about GT football mediocrity. I’m waaaaay use to it. But I do enjoy those 1 in 8 years when we get 8-10 wins. I simply point out when the school decided to become an international school this is what happens. We grow alumni who do not care for the “Georgia“ part of the Georgia Institute of Technology and they sure don’t care about athletics. But if you point that out folks think you are saying something negative. I’m not. It’s not the students fault that they were admitted and the first time they step foot in Georgia is when they move into a dorm. My son has made a lot of friends from all over the country and world the last 3 months. His best friend is a kid from Michigan who is a huge Wolverine fan. When that kid graduates he’ll be buying Michigan season Tix not GT. My son walked across the street to his dorm after the UGA game and half his dorm had never left the dorm and didn’t know the score. They were watching soccer or the other games of teams they root for.
And some of that would change with winning. Hard to hang out in your dorm week after week if 50,000+ fans are screaming at the top of their lungs a few blocks away. Most kids want to be where the action is.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Hire a head coach who wins football games and hire the outfit that owns or manages the Savannah Bananas baseball club to market the Tech football program and you will fill up the stadium.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Just like the Duke students. I know because I live 10 miles from their campus and go to games occasionally.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

Tony Amerson heading out as well... RB room taking a hit.

I just saw this. Talk about a player who was hit by the coaching change, Tony is it. If we still ran the spread option, he would be in line to take over at BB from Mason/Howard next year. The young man was, as Paul said about Howard, "… a wrecking ball in high school." And if we had an OC who used an I every now and then, he could have been a very efficient FB at Tech too. Instead he gets into three games in three years. I kept waiting for him to see the field and for what the results would be. But in vain.

Thanks for your efforts for Tech, Tony! Good luck wherever you end up and in the future. We'll miss the opportunity to see what you could do.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
And some of that would change with winning. Hard to hang out in your dorm week after week if 50,000+ fans are screaming at the top of their lungs a few blocks away. Most kids want to be where the action is.
My first Saturday in campus as a freshman was ND 2006, College GameDay. Absolutely bananas and my love for the jackets was cemented before I ever saw them play a snap. It was electric.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
My first Saturday in campus as a freshman was ND 2006, College GameDay. Absolutely bananas and my love for the jackets was cemented before I ever saw them play a snap. It was electric.
This was my first as well. We showed up early and ended up next to the goldfellas. Hard to beat for a first game as a student.

JacketFan137

Banned
The question to me is are we going to lose more talent than we gain.At this point we are WAY behind.I would doubt if that changes much.
gibbs so far is the only actual loss and luckily RB isn’t as hard to replace. gibbs is obviously a generational talent and was honestly the best RB the flats have ever seen, but dontae i think is capable of being a great RB, we have new recruits coming in that look good the next two years as well.

we will likely have a bunch more leave but it’ll probably be expected turnover from guys that are buried in the depth chart. those are totally normal

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
gibbs so far is the only actual loss and luckily RB isn’t as hard to replace. gibbs is obviously a generational talent and was honestly the best RB the flats have ever seen, but dontae i think is capable of being a great RB, we have new recruits coming in that look good the next two years as well.

we will likely have a bunch more leave but it’ll probably be expected turnover from guys that are buried in the depth chart. those are totally normal
Gibbs was pretty much the whole offense and special teams.