Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
you’re putting way too much blame strictly on the QB when we had such bad offensive line play and defense. for you to just pin it all on the qbs and act like that is the only factor clearly illustrates you have no idea what you’re talking about
Both Sims and Yates are in the bottom 12 of the ACC for QBR https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr/_/group/1

No matter how much you want to defend Sims, the QBs both underperformed significantly this year. We will need Sims to show drastic improvement next year.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
you’re putting way too much blame strictly on the QB when we had such bad offensive line play and defense. for you to just pin it all on the qbs and act like that is the only factor clearly illustrates you have no idea what you’re talking about
I did not put it all on the QBs but, like it or not, they lead the offense.

JacketFan137

Banned
Both Sims and Yates are in the bottom 12 of the ACC for QBR https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr/_/group/1

No matter how much you want to defend Sims, the QBs both underperformed significantly this year. We will need Sims to show drastic improvement next year.

that’s fair to say. regardless of how we look at it sims is way better than yates. which is what i have been saying the whole time. with an improvement to the offensive line and coaching sims will look a lot better

Roswellgoldmember

Georgia Tech Fan
that’s fair to say. regardless of how we look at it sims is way better than yates. which is what i have been saying the whole time. with an improvement to the offensive line and coaching sims will look a lot better
Dude he's gone and you will never have to endure him taking another snap for GT, why do you keep fighting this battle. We get it.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I just don’t get it. Does no one in this world do any research. With the invention of the internet everything is at our fingertips. Do these players truly not understand what they are getting when they sign on the dotted line? It’s not a new phenomena that we are a small fan base. It’s also not new that we probably won’t win the ACC or make the playoffs. It’s also known that you’ll have to be a real student and earn a meaningful degree. Yet, a small number of players whine like middle school girls. If they didn’t consider they’d be playing in front of small crowds they shouldn’t have signed here. Just like players at Bama and elsewhere who whine about not seeing the field yet play in front of packed stadiums every week.

We are all responsible for our circumstances. I wish all players leaving good luck and welcome all new players who come. I root for the name on the front not the back. For players to come sign with GT then complain I just find funny. Its like a player signing with Moo State and then complaining about cowbells. It’s called due diligence. Next year will be worse. But we start winning and fans will come back. But the stadium will still be half red because we are a small school with a small fan footprint. Tre Swilling knew that when he signed. The product on the field has magnified it.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You must be a messageboard newbie. Thread titles are just suggestions... :)

Wait....these threads have titles?

Steve Brule What GIF

JacketFan137

Banned
I just don’t get it. Does no one in this world do any research. With the invention of the internet everything is at our fingertips. Do these players truly not understand what they are getting when they sign on the dotted line? It’s not a new phenomena that we are a small fan base. It’s also not new that we probably won’t win the ACC or make the playoffs. It’s also known that you’ll have to be a real student and earn a meaningful degree. Yet, a small number of players whine like middle school girls. If they didn’t consider they’d be playing in front of small crowds they shouldn’t have signed here. Just like players at Bama and elsewhere who whine about not seeing the field yet play in front of packed stadiums every week.

We are all responsible for our circumstances. I wish all players leaving good luck and welcome all new players who come. I root for the name on the front not the back. For players to come sign with GT then complain I just find funny. Its like a player signing with Moo State and then complaining about cowbells. It’s called due diligence. Next year will be worse. But we start winning and fans will come back. But the stadium will still be half red because we are a small school with a small fan footprint. Tre Swilling knew that when he signed. The product on the field has magnified it.
wasn’t around for recruiting pitches but i’m sure according to collins that was all gonna change as he brought us to an elite level or whatever his pitch was

also you gotta look out for yourself and you only get so much eligibility. would rather go to a smaller conference school and play than rot on the bench. i mean yates got his degree too so good for him he took advantage of the opportunity and will now get a chance to work on a masters while he actually sees the field

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow

I think Covid + temporary class size increases + new portal/transfer rules = perfect storm.

Previously, the green was greener and you had to stare at it over a 10 foot high fence from your own brown yard. Now not only is the fence about 3 feet high, there's actually a gate where you can just walk right in.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m fine with the portal. My post was addressing players whining about empty seats or that the stadium was red. It’s been that way for awhile so why now is it an issue? When they signed with GT the stadium was red and they knew it because every year the AJC has an article about how Georgia fans took over our stadium. Some players are just soft and want to whine. All I’m saying is if a player wants to play in front of a packed stadium he should have done his homework and not signed with GT. The funny thing is if a player like #3 on defense signed with an Ohio State or Michigan he would be whining that he wasn’t seeing the field and then probably portaled to a school like GT. And how many times have we read players making comments of playing for themselves or their families and teammates. If that’s the case it shouldn’t matter who or how many are in the stadium. This is all because we are a losing program right now. Everyone is frustrate, but it’s not the fans fault. We didn’t hire Collins. The players should be upset with their frat brother coaching staff.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
But the truth is there are schools that sell out no matter what. But my strong suspicion and belief is most of those are in smaller towns and not large metropolitan areas like Atlanta. Competing with pro teams (for non-alumni in particular) for dollars is not easy and obviously struggling to win makes it that much harder.

By the way, as a side note, tailgating on campus is not that easy either. With the Student Center rebuild and much of the grass being converted to natural areas plus the large common area being given to tailgate guys (or whatever they are called) has eaten up large potential tailgating spaces. A major reason I still go to the games is the fun of tailgating before going to the games.