Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
The portal has created free agency within college football. It has also empowered the top programs in the country. Almost wonder if we should explore FCS football.
lol FCS has been dealing with this for ages. You have to go D3 to avoid it.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Probably a decision that was made before this weekend. With Sims hurt this year Yates definitely got his opportunity. Keep in mind not all transfer portal decisions are strictly football related.

Best of luck to Yates. He played with heart.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Hate to lose Yates. Seems like a good young man who could've been productive in a better situation (better OC, better O line, etc.). Good luck to him in the future and I hope Simms stays and we get a really good OC and QB coach to coach him up.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Very happy to see he is graduating and getting a GT degree, he was a great contributor during his time and a great influence.
He will do well in a G5 league, with 3 years of immediate eligibility he should be a hot commodity for teams to look for.
It was clear he wasn't the guy for us moving forward, he got his shot, didn't win enough. This opens the door for Peery to compete with Sims or maybe even a grad transfer.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Sims is our starting Q. You wouldn’t know that though by how often our stupid a** fans misspell his 4 letter last name.
You also wouldn't know it by how little he actually played this year.

Joking aside, I hope he stays. We sure as hell need him right now and I think he could be really good with a solid QB coach and OC

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You root for kids like Yates. Great teammate, repped GT with class, did and said all the right things...and never complained. He understood his role and did what was best for the team.

Going to miss him. I'm happy for him that he's graduating with a GT degree and will have the opportunity to find more playing time.

Good luck, Jordan.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I think Jordan was on track to finish up his undergrad soon so it might not come as a surprise to some.

I would have been more surprised had he not transferred. Staff pretty much made it's choice clear this year in Sims, Yates is graduating, and going forward we'll have a back up (Peery) who isn't redshirting.

Good luck to him and I thought he handled the situation he found himself in as well as he could.