Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree with Forensic about the 'new' recruiting. I see 247Sports is at least trying to account for that now (they are a weaker recruiting service than Rivals, but its something). I also like that 247Sports re-ranks the transfer recruits as part of their process.
For example, both Tchio and Quick were ranked as 3-stars as transfers while they were 4-stars as HS recruits.

FWIW, right now of the 3 transfers I expect Benson to be the one most likely to have some impact next season.
I don't expect Tchio and Quick to have any significant impact next season. Most of Tchio's snaps have come against 2 teams - SC ST and NCST and Quick frankly hasn't had almost any snaps. Neither has been part of the rotation at their previous schools.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
No, I have no problem with people having their own opinions. These comments aren't furthering discussion, they're just blasting the program we profess to love and support. So, talking about the positive and negative aspects of the program is great. Continuously making snide comments about the head coach isn't looking for discussion. When someone trashes my school and my program adding nothing constructive, I'm going to call them out. Feel free to do the same with me if I start trashing the teams you profess to support. I'm happy to have a discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of the program (and we have tons of weaknesses), but my response wasn't to a discussion-developing comment.
It may not be the discussion YOU want to have, but there is plenty of discussion tied to these comments. You have this ideal for what you think posters on this board should be and are whining whenever they don't matchup to that.

I also don't think you are interested, much less happy to have a discussion about the weaknesses of this program, specifically this head coach. Anytime a weakness of the coach/AD/program and desired change is mentioned, you have repeatedly taken the approach of "we can't do anything about it now, so stop focusing on it and let's focus on the positives".

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It may not be the discussion YOU want to have, but there is plenty of discussion tied to these comments. You have this ideal for what you think posters on this board should be and are whining whenever they don't matchup to that.

I also don't think you are interested, much less happy to have a discussion about the weaknesses of this program, specifically this head coach. Anytime a weakness of the coach/AD/program and desired change is mentioned, you have repeatedly taken the approach of "we can't do anything about it now, so stop focusing on it and let's focus on the positives".
Discussion is sharing ideas. Making snide comments and jabs at the head coach is not asking for discussion. There's a big difference in "discussion about weaknesses and strengths" and what I've commented on. YOU seem to think calling the coach names and making comments about how potential recruits think we suck is constructive to discussion. I'm not really sure how that works, so why don't you show me.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
1640722533799.png

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Pretty fascinating only 27.8% of those in the portal are finding landing spots elsewhere. I am certain this is a reality check for some of these players who thought it may have been a much easier path forward into another school. For many they’re finding out that the competition within the portal is more daunting than rising through the depth chart at their current location. Now granted many of these athletes are in the portal for various reasons and not just because they’re “unhappy or were sold a bag of goods and they’ve discovered that they were misled.” This should be a very valuable lesson to all the current players at GT (other colleges) that it’s time to take a step back and receive some honest feedback of your “future athletically (pro sports vs. professional workforce” and where you fit best. Some of these athletes wouldn’t of had the privilege of being admitted into their current school via regular admission standards but yet are there due to their athletic abilities. So sometimes it’s best to use athletics to open doors for you academically and graduate from their school and enter professional workforce. So count your blessings and be sure to have a plan before you find yourself on the outside of college athletics and out of school because you failed to see the full implications of a rushed decision because you “thought I deserve to be playing more.”

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I see what you did here, as they say. 🙂
Yea.
The bar has been raised.
Collins sold gibbs on what key and choice could do. We gave the ball to gibbs in some bad situations and he made us look good. This will look very good on gibbs nfl resume.

If sims actually starts doing something., i think collins, long, and key will find us a real wr. Every really good team has a real wr. A real wr is open. He stretches the field.
Gibbs getting an inside hand off behind a less than physical ol made it look like clowns getting into a clown car at the circus.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The truth is the transfer portal is actually going to be a bit of a fad. A lot of these kids end their careers trying to go somewhere else. Once enough fo that starts happenign the only transfers we will see are gibbs like.