Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I must confess one failure and throw myself at the mercy of the KG court. Alas it's too late for me to edit my original post.

It seems I completely blew the Tylan Grable line. He's listed under both Grabel and Malik in this thread unless they really have two OLs in the portal with the first name Tylan.

Tylan Grable - OL - 2018 - Jacksonville State - https://247sports.com/player/tylan-grable-46047792/

Believe that's the correct guy.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Pierce Quick is a high 4-star OT who recently visited.
I see we've had recent visits from LB Jamin Graham and QB Zack Gibson.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Here's what I got from gleaning through this thread:

Staying
Dontae SmithRB2018
Transfer Out
NamePositionYear
Khaya WrightLB2020
Jahmyr GibbsRB2020
Jordan YatesQB2019
Jamal CampOL2019
Tony AmersonRB2019
Jamious GriffinRB2019
Jaquon GriffinDL2018
Draft
Juanyeh ThomasDB2018
Jordan MasonRB2017
Transfer In
Jamin GrahamDL2019Nebraska
Gerald MinceyOT2020Florida
Pierce QuickOL2019Alabama
Paul TchioOG2020Clemson
Jackson BrattonLB2020Alabama
Tylan MalikOLJackson State
Jake BoboWR2018Duke
Ryan JohnsonDL2017Stanford
Harrison BaileyQB2020Tennessee
M.J. GriffinS2019Temple
Elijah CanionWR2020Auburn
Kobie TurnerDTRichmond
Zach GibsonQB2019Akron

Thanks for doing this but one question you are showing 13 transfer in Is that a fact or just wanting to come in/

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This is laughable. Some of y’all will do anything to bash GT football.

The guy we lost has been wavering since he committed and was someone who was thought to be looking the whole season.

We have lost essentially nobody else to this point (save a late RB addition who looks like he may have seen the writing on the wall).

At the same time, our 4 star qb’ own dad has affirmed his commitment to GT on this board, we’ve seen one of our 4 star DTs post about his visit on Twitter, and have seen no other smoke about guys leaving that I’m aware of.

But y’all going ahead. Watch out for the sky because it’s falling…

Edit to point out I’m talking about recruiting specifically before any one points out Gibbs. I know he left.
Anything to bash GT football? Like go to every home game, every game in Athens for twenty years? Travel to no less than five other states and Europe to watch us play during the same span and cheer for the team?

Look, I don't need affirmation from you of my fandom. Tech football has been a passion of mine since my memory exists, and I have always supported the teams and have generally refrained from tearing down the staff. But right now our program is a dumpster fire and the results we've produced are what's laughable.

The point of my post was pretty simple - our AD reportedly said that he wanted to keep Collins to keep the recruiting class in tact...and then we lose our top recruit who states that he wants to go somewhere he "can play for championships." It's a bad look.

Next year should have been a reboot, but here we are. IMO the bar has already been set above what Collins can achieve. So yes, recruiting is really important right now so that we can fill up a roster for the next coach in 2023.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Anything to bash GT football? Like go to every home game, every game in Athens for twenty years? Travel to no less than five other states and Europe to watch us play during the same span and cheer for the team?

Look, I don't need affirmation from you of my fandom. Tech football has been a passion of mine since my memory exists, and I have always supported the teams and have generally refrained from tearing down the staff. But right now our program is a dumpster fire and the results we've produced are what's laughable.

The point of my post was pretty simple - our AD reportedly said that he wanted to keep Collins to keep the recruiting class in tact...and then we lose our top recruit who states that he wants to go somewhere he "can play for championships." It's a bad look.

Next year should have been a reboot, but here we are. IMO the bar has already been set above what Collins can achieve. So yes, recruiting is really important right now so that we can fill up a roster for the next coach in 2023.
Then stop with the hyperbole.

There’s plenty of things to complain about as it pertains to the program and coaching staff. Some have been addressed and others remain to be seen.

You said quite literally the reason Stansbury kept Collins was to preserve the recruiting class and that he wasn’t doing it. Neither of those are true.

There might be some small part of truth to the first comment, but the latter is patently false. Unless you think one player who’s been shaky since he committed makes up a whole class.

That same player is still talking with GT and mentioned us in a recent interview he did. I’m holding my breath that he comes here, but it’s not out of the question.

As I mentioned last time as well, unless something has happened that I’m not aware of, the rest of the class is in tact.

You can be upset with the staff without making things up.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Then stop with the hyperbole.

There’s plenty of things to complain about as it pertains to the program and coaching staff. Some have been addressed and others remain to be seen.

You said quite literally the reason Stansbury kept Collins was to preserve the recruiting class and that he wasn’t doing it. Neither of those are true.

There might be some small part of truth to the first comment, but the latter is patently false. Unless you think one player who’s been shaky since he committed makes up a whole class.

That same player is still talking with GT and mentioned us in a recent interview he did. I’m holding my breath that he comes here, but it’s not out of the question.

As I mentioned last time as well, unless something has happened that I’m not aware of, the rest of the class is in tact.

You can be upset with the staff without making things up.
The problem with recruiting now it doesn't seem to mean as much now as it did before the portal. Players seem to come and go with no problem. The old I was a 4 or 5 star player I I should start now or I'll leave to go where I can. I would guess a lot of these players will not play football again in college. I know people say change is necessary but the portal has messed up college football as us older people remember it and loved college football.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I understand transfer from a football stand point but I don’t understand why some of these young men would leave a Tech degree behind.
This is why Tech will have a hard time in college football. There are 3 types of players, First those who are great or think they are and only want to use college to play pro football those ain't coming to Tech ( sorry a fact) second those how are good but are happy to get a college education and put education over football cause they are looking down the road. those we have a chance at ( but fact we are very limited in degrees we offer) The last type of player Those that are great or above average love football and also wants a great education. those we have a chance at but again we are still limited in what we can offer them.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
The problem with recruiting now it doesn't seem to mean as much now as it did before the portal. Players seem to come and go with no problem. The old I was a 4 or 5 star player I I should start now or I'll leave to go where I can. I would guess a lot of these players will not play football again in college. I know people say change is necessary but the portal has messed up college football as us older people remember it and loved college football.
It’s definitely changed the whole landscape, I agree.

I think with what they’re paying coaches and how frequently coaches leave or are asked to leave they had to change.

Like it or not, college football has become all about the money. Most people don’t like it.

My opinion is that the kids should be able to leave freely (once) based on the current environment.

I don’t see it going the other direction anytime soon (or ever). Hopefully we find a way to be competitive. I can’t stand watching us lose to anyone, but especially games we should win.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I understand transfer from a football stand point but I don’t understand why some of these young men would leave a Tech degree behind.
Me either. Unfortunately they all probably think they are among the 5% who have a pro career in their future. If I think about it too much I get furious that so many players are sold a bill of goods. A Tech degree is security forever but counting on making it in the pros is kind of like moving to LA because you think you would be great in movies.