Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

slugboy

Staff member
There are still players in the portal—some went in yesterday.
That doesn’t mean that there are matches for GT right now. It’s late in the cycle

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Feels like he’s gonna leave soon with no GT mentions in his profile, a trust nobody header, and now this View attachment 15448View attachment 15449
See this is the type of garbage that is ridiculous. Has GT ever done this to a player yet a player can trash a school. Hey Cooley, maybe you shouldn’t have promised to GT that you’d be a legit D1 running back. Did you apologize to GT? When a converted slot receiver can come in and steal your job maybe you should look in the mirror and understand the reality of your talent. Louisville didn’t miss you and GT didn’t need you so maybe you shouldn’t trash those who gave you an opportunity. Bye.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Also didn’t realize he had 0 Carries since he had 2 vs UNC. Anyone know what happened to him?
This might be the addition by subtraction situation that Kelly and Russell mentioned in the video. Just someone who culturally wasn't a fit, we basically benched him, and or run game got better because of it.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
See this is the type of garbage that is ridiculous. Has GT ever done this to a player yet a player can trash a school. Hey Cooley, maybe you shouldn’t have promised to GT that you’d be a legit D1 running back. Did you apologize to GT? When a converted slot receiver can come in and steal your job maybe you should look in the mirror and understand the reality of your talent. Louisville didn’t miss you and GT didn’t need you so maybe you shouldn’t trash those who gave you an opportunity. Bye.
The more credence and notice the you give it the more it becomes a thing. I’ve always found the best way the deal with this is not to deal with it when it’s clearly much ado about nothing.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
6’4” 299 lbs with 3(?) years of eligibility. Only played in one game this year for F$U against Syracuse and netted a tackle.

Big and wide, and with the recent DL exodus we’ve seen, this is a nice get methinks
I hope he is on our roster in Aug 2024. These days, you never can be sure.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Are you sure? Honest question. I look at his stats and I see him playing in six seasons. For sure one of those is a redshirt. And one is the COVID year, right? So how does he have a seventh year?
I read it on one of the GT articles talking about him coming in. I'll see if I can find what I read. I hear what you're saying.

Edit: RamblinWreck.com (No idea if this is accurate, but why would you declare for the NFL draft if you didn't have eligibility remaining?)

This is what was the top post until they did the updates to add the 2023 season:

Idaho (2022): Has two seasons of eligibility remaining after transferring from Idaho … Played in all 12 games in his lone season at Idaho … Tied for third on the team with 61 tackles … Led squad with seven tackles for loss … Tied for second on team with two sacks … Tied for third in the Big Sky Conference with a team-high-tying four interceptions … Broke up five passes, which was good for fourth on the squad … Also added a forced fumble and two quarterback hurries … Notched multiple tackles in all 12 games … Had a season-high eight tackles and an interception against Drake (Sept. 17) … Recorded his second-most tackles (6) and most tackles for loss (2) in a game and added a sack and an interception at Montana (Oct. 15) … Also had interceptions against Northern Colorado (Oct. 1) and at Sacramento State (Oct. 29) … Forced a fumble in season opener at Washington State (Sept. 3).

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The more credence and notice the you give it the more it becomes a thing. I’ve always found the best way the deal with this is not to deal with it when it’s clearly much ado about nothing.
I know but that just got me. Just say thanks for the opportunity and move on like most people older than 14 do. But he made it personal by accusing our coaches of being dishonest. Pack your crap and hit the door.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I read it on one of the GT articles talking about him coming in. I'll see if I can find what I read. I hear what you're saying.

Edit: RamblinWreck.com (No idea if this is accurate, but why would you declare for the NFL draft if you didn't have eligibility remaining?)

This is what was the top post until they did the updates to add the 2023 season:

Idaho (2022): Has two seasons of eligibility remaining after transferring from Idaho … Played in all 12 games in his lone season at Idaho … Tied for third on the team with 61 tackles … Led squad with seven tackles for loss … Tied for second on team with two sacks … Tied for third in the Big Sky Conference with a team-high-tying four interceptions … Broke up five passes, which was good for fourth on the squad … Also added a forced fumble and two quarterback hurries … Notched multiple tackles in all 12 games … Had a season-high eight tackles and an interception against Drake (Sept. 17) … Recorded his second-most tackles (6) and most tackles for loss (2) in a game and added a sack and an interception at Montana (Oct. 15) … Also had interceptions against Northern Colorado (Oct. 1) and at Sacramento State (Oct. 29) … Forced a fumble in season opener at Washington State (Sept. 3).
He has played 6 seasons so unless he got a medical exemption he is done. Not many guys play 7 seasons. He was a 2018 freshmen at ND.