Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if they are able to take classes for a double major if they were wanting to stay with the football program for another year, if they couldn’t get into grad school.

Once you grad with the one undergrad that is that, you'd have to time the touble major to be done at the same time i think.

slugboy

Staff member
Once you grad with the one undergrad that is that, you'd have to time the touble major to be done at the same time i think.
He could have done a second undergrad degree and be NCAA compliant. It doesn’t have to end at the same time.

It’s a better deal for almost everyone if you get the degree that makes sense for you. For some players, that’s a teaching degree so they can coach later.

Sometimes, you’re just done academically at Tech (or elsewhere)

Last edited:

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Saw an interview with O'Leary recently. He was praising Key, said he was confidant he would turn the program around. Then said " he needs some War Daddys up front". DL is our single biggest weakness.
I'm guessing that is what is going on behind the scenes and some of the de-commits and we're going to end up liking how this turns out.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Glad it's not FSU, but this decision makes no sense to me. Lateral move at best.

What are his criteria under consideration? Do you know. Do you know what he would consider a lateral move? Too often we think only of our own criteria or only criteria we think we see when making these pronouncements.

I’ve made what some might consider lateral moves in my own career but were, for me, improvements. In the last case I moved from one company to another for exactly the same job but one where I felt more in sync with the management and product direction. It allowed me more flexibility to take on things in different ways. Though from the outside looking in many would have called it a lateral move it has been a stunningly successful career move for me for reasons an outsider would not have understood without significant more context about me and my desires.

Maybe this move won’t work out for Kyle. Maybe it will not even turn out to be a lateral move. But maybe it’s his judgment of it that matters and not ours.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
What are his criteria under consideration? Do you know. Do you know what he would consider a lateral move? Too often we think only of our own criteria or only criteria we think we see when making these pronouncements.

I’ve made what some might consider lateral moves in my own career but were, for me, improvements. In the last case I moved from one company to another for exactly the same job but one where I felt more in sync with the management and product direction. It allowed me more flexibility to take on things in different ways. Though from the outside looking in many would have called it a lateral move it has been a stunningly successful career move for me for reasons an outsider would not have understood without significant more context about me and my desires.

Maybe this move won’t work out for Kyle. Maybe it will not even turn out to be a lateral move. But maybe it’s his judgment of it that matters and not ours.
Relax. I said it makes no sense to ME. I didn't say it makes no sense at all to anyone. You're responding to a strawman.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Relax. I said it makes no sense to ME. I didn't say it makes no sense at all to anyone. You're responding to a strawman.
Dear me I’m so sorry I replied with some rational responses to your post. Didn’t mean to upset you with that calmly worded post. Since you said it makes no sense to you I was politely trying to explain it from another viewpoint. What’s wrong with that? If one of us needs to relax it ain’t me.