Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
We desperately need a backup Kickoff guy. After Stewart(?) got hurt, our KO return team was terrifying. Not able to kick to the endzone can cost us a game.
Mekhi mews from uga is a special teams weapon, hope we’re eyeing him for this

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
The difference is one and done in BB are all true Freshmen. Using a transfer FB player to plug a hole in his last year of eligibility gives you a better chance to win while recruiting/developing a young player for that spot. Then you have to work to keep that young player, lol.

This is actually the bonus of the systems we are trying to run. Defensively one and dones are not an issue. If we have guys that know defense and are constantly bringing in grand transfers when needed we can benefit.

Its sorta no different than we would have done with grad transfers in the past and its a alot easier to keep a big nasty DT eligible for one semester as a grad transfer or one year senior thats pro bound than it is to keep them eligible for 3.

Okay. Valid points.

I don't have to like it though.

I keep using basketball analogies, but we all remember watching a slow, sleepy-eyed kid from OK and a skinny kid from the Bronx develop into NBA draft picks over the course of four years. That was special. Frankly, even though Coach K eventually gave into the Calipari one-and-done approach, I can't help thinking it was much more satisfying for him to coach Dawkins or Laettner than Zion Williamson.

Further, I understand that the OL in particular needs time together to gel.

Right?

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently, Duke is the prohibitive favorite to land Maalik Murphy. That would be a massive get for Manny, the kid has a ton of talent. We have to play them in each of the next two years.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that Freshmen are entering the portal. You have to wonder if they are being told something about future playing time. I wouldn't think NIL money would be the issue for entering the portal.
The sooner a good player enters the portal, the sooner he gets paid. The more often he enters the portal, the more often he gets paid. Pretty simple strategy to max income while still in “college”.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Malcom Pugh entered the portal

Bryson Dixton entered the portal

Man, you gonna have to add some context or some links er somethin'. I'm sure I speak for many when I say, I on't know these kids by name like that.

:ROFLMAO:

I'm over here lookin at these names like I'm at the Fall Harvest Festival ...

Baby Reaction GIF