Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s what I’m seeing by looking at his PFF scores. He didn’t miss a tackle last season in 166 snaps, and has only missed 11 tackles in his career. He only misses 10% of his career tackle attempts, and has played a ton (1,647 career snaps on defense, 364 on special teams). In the last two seasons, he’s only given up one TD and has only committed two penalties.

He actually graded out pretty well this past season, but his score is skewed by his good performances against UConn, UTSA, Austin Peay, and UVA.
Good Observations! Much like Pete Carroll recognizing Richard Sherman would make a much better cornerback over a wide receiver.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Pure speculation on my part but I'm wondering if we're going to a different type defense and looking for different type kids.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
That’s what I’m seeing by looking at his PFF scores. He didn’t miss a tackle last season in 166 snaps, and has only missed 11 tackles in his career. He only misses 10% of his career tackle attempts, and has played a ton (1,647 career snaps on defense, 364 on special teams). In the last two seasons, he’s only given up one TD and has only committed two penalties.

He actually graded out pretty well this past season, but his score is skewed by his good performances against UConn, UTSA, Austin Peay, and UVA.
with his tackling skills sounds like a good ST addition, if anything.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

Hybrid LB/CB?

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
They usually call that a Nickel or a Rover, depending on how stout the player is. Sometimes you hear “Wolf” or some other term used.
I think we’re hoping he’s Kenan Johnson’s replacement at wide corner. He hasn’t really played anywhere else on the field.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Jackson Hamilton from Louisville // Height:6-0 // Weight:221 // Position:LB
Class:Redshirt Freshman
Hometown:Woodstock, Ga.
High School:Blessed Trinity Catholic
Another transfer that is coming home!:buzz: Looks like he will also have 2+ years of eligibility.

Last edited:

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Now...just a couple of huge defensive tackles from Texas A&M that have ties to Atlanta. Maybe my Christmas wish will come true!

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Certainly going to give the kid a chance, but just talked to my UTK alumnus friend, and his quote was,"Actually one of my least favorite players we’ve had in the last 5 years. He's so bad."
RE Warren Burrell, FWIW, my UT bud: "By all accounts he’s a good dude. Has some physical ability and looks like he should be good but had some injuries, never really developed and has barely seen the field the past couple years."

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
RE Warren Burrell, FWIW, my UT bud: "By all accounts he’s a good dude. Has some physical ability and looks like he should be good but had some injuries, never really developed and has barely seen the field the past couple years."
If he is well, then count on our coaching staff to coach him up as they have done with others in the last year