Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I used to watch every bowl game if I could. Each one was like a wrapped gift, with the outer paper being glimpses of fans and team traditions I never see, then slowly revealing surprise contents and then finally winning me over to some team and their happy or sad story lines. Seems like a hundred years ago. Maybe because it was a hundred years ago. And long before there were a hundred bowl games.
We used to play them all in NCAA for PlayStation. Now it’s kind of sad

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if some of our other defensive backs who aren’t getting it done with be advised to move on? Is also kind of interesting that we’re getting more defensive players in the portal when it’s unclear who will be leading us as our DC and individual defensive position coaches.
Who is our best recruiter on staff these days? I would love to read an article about the impact of the off the field coaches who are advising and have all these deep relationships with surrounding high school coaches. Anyone have any insight on our recruiting and these new coaches?

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Certainly going to give the kid a chance, but just talked to my UTK alumnus friend, and his quote was,"Actually one of my least favorite players we’ve had in the last 5 years. He's so bad."
Yeah 24/7 doesn’t even give him a transfer grade….hope the coaches are seeing something we aren’t

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Probably a great practice player.

It’s always been telling to me that Norvell moved on.
Honestly, after seeing how good Jordan Travis has become, Norvell’s decision (to me) was probably more about his belief that Travis was the future QB than him thinking Sims wasn’t. He was probably straight up with Sims about that. “If you come here, I don’t see you being our future QB because I think he’s already in the program.”

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he's a run support safety disguised as a CB. Just speculating.
That’s what I’m seeing by looking at his PFF scores. He didn’t miss a tackle last season in 166 snaps, and has only missed 11 tackles in his career. He only misses 10% of his career tackle attempts, and has played a ton (1,647 career snaps on defense, 364 on special teams). In the last two seasons, he’s only given up one TD and has only committed two penalties.

He actually graded out pretty well this past season, but his score is skewed by his good performances against UConn, UTSA, Austin Peay, and UVA.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Certainly going to give the kid a chance, but just talked to my UTK alumnus friend, and his quote was,"Actually one of my least favorite players we’ve had in the last 5 years. He's so bad."
This is similar to asking some guy what he thinks about his ex wife. I don’t know anything about the kid, but if you look at his recruiting profile he was offered by Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Ohio State among with the rest of the Top 30 out of high school.