Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I think he throws it beautifully—he can throw a nice deep ball. I’m sure he can hit any target on the field at practice or in a camp. Sometimes to the wrong person, but I think he throws a pretty and strong pass.

His big problem was not being on the same page as his receivers or misreading the defense, which led to INTs.

There are a few running plays in here, but if he makes the right reads and decisions, he can throw if.

I prefer King, but he throws picks too. I’m hoping that he gets coached up to get his completions and ypp up and his INTs down

Probably a great practice player.

It’s always been telling to me that Norvell moved on.

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Don’t forget Simms was the greatest thing since sliced bread preseason for Nebraska.
When the “Real Games” started, Simms was a turnover machine.
Funny how he is once again the so called starter after being Mr. Turnover at his last two stops.
Hype is a strange mistress!

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
So, no inbound commits thus far. Is that a cause concern? Or is it too early, yet?

And I'm wondering about players that have Tech on their short list...
I think it's too early. The portal only opened for undergrads on Dec 4. Just browsing 24/7, it appears that only a small percentage of portalers (or is that portalees?) have been identified as finding a new home.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
I think part of it is the culture that CBK is building, but part of it also some may be waiting until after the bowl game as it is the first one for most of the team. While I do not expect a mass exodus, that number will be sure to rise after Christmas.
You're probably right about more entries being forthcoming, but it is still tremendously impressive what CBK is doing in terms of retention. Take Abdul Janneh, for example. I'm personally fond of him because he transferred in from Duquesne (an FCS school in Pittsburgh, for those of you who don't know). I was worried that he'd jump ship in the offseason because I felt like he was underutilized and made the most of his limited opportunities. However, he's not going anywhere:

I was excited to see this, and I think it's emblematic of players buying in and wanting to be at Tech SPECIFICALLY. That's really the key to being successful as a coach at Tech — getting players to buy into the Institute's culture — and I'm very glad to see CBK succeeding in that respect.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Probably a great practice player.

It’s always been telling to me that Norvell moved on.
Turns out Norvell knew something that the rest of us did not concerning Jeff. Maybe it was some kind of sixth sense that alerted Norvell to the dangers of signing him. Anyway, he was right and those of us, including me at the time, that were so overjoyed at Norvell having turned down a can't miss prospect, were wrong.