Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Rumor is that they have finished the ****, Jane, Sally, and Spot series. Still have issues around number sense past 20. ;)
Really? That's significant progress then.

I didn't know they had gotten past "Hop on Pop" and, of course, the team favorite: "Go, Dog. Go!"

1702131400760.png

Buzzforlife

Jolly Good Fellow
Who all has decided to leave? Asking for a friend.
BuzzBomb(Kirk McDavit on Facebook) is allowing me to publish his contact information and updates….
Wing Green, OL
Kyle Kennard, DE
Jamie Felix, RB
Kenan Johnson, DB
JuJu Lewis, WR

He tells me Coach Faulkner has an interest in UGA OL, Austin “Theodore” Blaske (portal transfer).

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Gee, I am really dumb and old now borderline decrepit. Maybe I should slink away in shame and contrition.
It was sent to me directly via text and even though I was a bit skeptical, I bought it. I think the guy who sent it bought it too… although he won’t admit it.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It was sent to me directly via text and even though I was a bit skeptical, I bought it. I think the guy who sent it bought it too… although he won’t admit it.
It's actually believable. If Cristobal would run the ball with 36 seconds and the lead and Tech with no timeouts, he'd be dumb enough to make Jeff Sims his #1 QB.

slugboy

Staff member
It's actually believable. If Cristobal would run the ball with 36 seconds and the lead and Tech with no timeouts, he'd be dumb enough to make Jeff Sims his #1 QB.
Sims is fast. He’s agile and strong, and he’s got QB height. He can throw the ball. There are about 130 FBS schools he hasn’t played at, and some of them have an OC that thinks they can teach him to make good reads and that Sims’ previous coaches couldn’t coach.

He’s gonna get a shot

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Sims is fast. He’s agile and strong, and he’s got QB height. He can throw the ball. There are about 130 FBS schools he hasn’t played at, and some of them have an OC that thinks they can teach him to make good reads and that Sims’ previous coaches couldn’t coach.

He’s gonna get a shot

Can he throw the ball? I don’t think he does very well.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer

He’s gonna get a shot
I have always pulled for Sims, especially when he was at Tech. He is sooo talented, but he has always been what I call an "instinctive" player, and his instinct has been to run first. IMO, as a QB , the game has never "slowed down" for him, as it does for many successful QBs. At this point, I think he should consider becoming a RB or WR. Just my 2 cents.

slugboy

Staff member
Can he throw the ball? I don’t think he does very well.
I think he throws it beautifully—he can throw a nice deep ball. I’m sure he can hit any target on the field at practice or in a camp. Sometimes to the wrong person, but I think he throws a pretty and strong pass.

His big problem was not being on the same page as his receivers or misreading the defense, which led to INTs.

There are a few running plays in here, but if he makes the right reads and decisions, he can throw if.

I prefer King, but he throws picks too. I’m hoping that he gets coached up to get his completions and ypp up and his INTs down

Last edited: