Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm hearing some not good rumors from a connected source regarding Singleton and aTm. Hope we can match their bag. No confirmation yet but this doesn't sound good.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
More info
1701723712500.png

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Honestly if someone offered me $1M I'm not sure how much my integrity held up. No idea what the number is I'm just throwing something out there. This era of CFB is wild.

This. College football is a business now. If anything, Singleton's dad erred by talking about loyalty on social media, but it's hard for a player and their family to turn down that much money that can set him up for a good while. If Singleton got that much money, and GT can't even get in the same ballpark, then I don't blame him at all for taking that money. His talent is his leverage, and that ends if he gets hurt.

This is where we are. College football fans just need to accept it, because you'll be constantly disappointed if you don't.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, I don't do Twitter but initially when I googled Eric Singleton Twitter, one of the results appeared to be a transfer portal announcement. I should have taken a screenshot but it isn't there now. Hopefully, we can make him an offer he can't refuse.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, I don't do Twitter but initially when I googled Eric Singleton Twitter, one of the results appeared to be a transfer portal announcement. I should have taken a screenshot but it isn't there now. Hopefully, we can make him an offer he can't refuse.
The post is gone but there is a link where it shows he made a transfer portal announcement. Also, other than RRxGT, we aren't on his profile anymore...

Capture.JPG

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe we need to take an alternate path to "offer"?

godfather-thegodfather.gif

Last edited:

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This. College football is a business now. If anything, Singleton's dad erred by talking about loyalty on social media, but it's hard for a player and their family to turn down that much money that can set him up for a good while. If Singleton got that much money, and GT can't even get in the same ballpark, then I don't blame him at all for taking that money. His talent is his leverage, and that ends if he gets hurt.

This is where we are. College football fans just need to accept it, because you'll be constantly disappointed if you don't.
I can accept the NIL if it's really for name, image and likeness. I'm all for that. But it's already degenerated into just paying for players. It's pro football. But like you say, it's like it or lump it.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Anybody with half a brain knew Singleton wouldn't stick around. Highly doubt he gets a mil being a WR but he will probably still get an offer he can't turn down.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
It’s going to be hard to hold coaches accountable for improvement, when they develop talent that bolts for more money. Recruiting budgets may become a lot less important than NiL money.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
This is him retweeting a kid from UVA. Not saying there is no reason to be worried, but this specifically isn't an issue.

Letting the FSU / $EC / E$PN b@ll$hit fill me with rage for longer than I like to admit today, I was about to forget about college football if this happened on the same day.