Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I read on X that there are going to a lot of players in the portal that are head scratchers. We have to trust CBK and his staff to make the best evaluations and bring in guys that are good fits that can help continue turning this ship around. I think the did pretty good last year. King, Seither, Scaglione, Jordan Brown, Cooley, Oliver, Moala, White, Lane, Janneh, and Leary all contributed, some moreso than others. A few plug-and-play guys can take this thing from 6-6 to 9-3 or better while we build through recruiting and development.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I read on X that there are going to a lot of players in the portal that are head scratchers. We have to trust CBK and his staff to make the best evaluations and bring in guys that are good fits that can help continue turning this ship around. I think the did pretty good last year. King, Seither, Scaglione, Jordan Brown, Cooley, Oliver, Moala, White, Lane, Janneh, and Leary all contributed, some moreso than others. A few plug-and-play guys can take this thing from 6-6 to 9-3 or better while we build through recruiting and development.
A lot of our players or just players in general from all schools?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
We have a few difference makers. We need to add 4-8 more.

slugboy

Staff member
I think—even though Key was an “internal” hire—we were still behind the curve in recruiting last season—both from high school and the portal.
He’s been HC for a year. Let’s see if that was temporary.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. With the coaching instability last year leading up to Key’s hire, as well as the coaching changes immediately after, we were lucky to hold on to as many players (as well as most of our recruiting class) as we did.
And most of this year I would imagine we were still viewed as a risky school to transfer to until we started putting some good product on the field. I hope both recruits and potential transfers now see us as an up-and-coming team with great opportunities for success.