Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Chase Lane has entered the transfer portal. I wonder why mid-season?
I have to believe that a player who hits the portal must realize that A) he is in well over his head in his current situation relative to his peers at their particular position group B) currently unhappy with the coaches/ scheme and/or the school itself C) underpaid relative to what he or she perceives their market value to be or D) a family situation that requires a transfer to a place closer to home. I don't know anything about Chase Lane or his situation but I can't imagine any scenario outside of these 4 things. Am i overlooking anything here?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Chase Lane has entered the transfer portal. I wonder why mid-season?
To preserve redshirt.
Maybe mad because he isn’t getting the snaps he thinks he deserves, maybe grades, maybe girlfriend issues, I don’t think you will hear why unless he decides to say something.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
no longer relevant.
IMG_0530.gif

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
SO SORRY! LEARY NOT LANE!

Leary makes much more sense, he’s not getting much playing time
Yes. There’s really not a lot of mystery. He’s been passed by a bunch of other players on the depth chart including Bailey Stockton and Canion. There was virtually zero chance he was going to see the field anymore this year.

I have no idea what happened that caused him to lose his spot but he wants to play another year and that’s probably not going to happen here so he’s going to try elsewhere. I wish him well. He gave us an awesome memory from the Miami game last year.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Yes. There’s really not a lot of mystery. He’s been passed by a bunch of other players on the depth chart including Bailey Stockton and Canion. There was virtually zero chance he was going to see the field anymore this year.

I have no idea what happened that caused him to lose his spot but he wants to play another year and that’s probably not going to happen here so he’s going to try elsewhere. I wish him well. He gave us an awesome memory from the Miami game last year.
He wasn’t even returning KOs anymore, was he?