Transfer Portal: Who do we need to target this offseason?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
just repeating myself here but it is ALWAYS about our defense. When our defense is average-to-good, we win 9…. it’s been that way for 50+ years
We’ve had some darn good offenses in the last 50 years - more often than not. Pepper’s O was generally very good, Fridge’s O was great both times. PJ’s O was always good to great. Looks like CBF’s O will follow suit. So that’s 6 years for Pepper, about 8 years for Fridge, 11 years for PJ, and a year for Buster. So that’s 26 years, or over half the last 50 years we had a good to great O.

Where’s the D been most of that time?

What’s also missing is CCG’s O, which enjoyed Megatron and Choice. SMH.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Heard DT Jason Moore was back at GT??
Seems pretty confirmed per his LinkedIn. Good find

IMG_5585.jpeg

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Seems pretty confirmed per his LinkedIn. Good find

View attachment 16305

I wonder if he didn't get into the master's program initially which is why he left, but was later accepted?

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if he didn't get into the master's program initially which is why he left, but was later accepted?
Very possible. I also know he was previously a walk on… wonder if it was clear that it was a year-by-year thing, he left for Temple so he could go to school for free, and we had enough open spots that we asked if he wanted to come back.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I really hope this is true about Moore. He's got pretty good size, experience, maturity and familiarity. And that former PWO work ethic. He'd be, at the very least, a good depth piece. And if he chose to come back, then he's 'bought in'. Looking at Temple media stuff. They were very high on him after the spring. IMHO, could be a guy that breaks out to the high side.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
I really hope this is true about Moore. He's got pretty good size, experience, maturity and familiarity. And that former PWO work ethic. He'd be, at the very least, a good depth piece. And if he chose to come back, then he's 'bought in'. Looking at Temple media stuff. They were very high on him after the spring. IMHO, could be a guy that breaks out to the high side.
Geez, you weren't kidding. Read this article:

"Once it got to right around February (of his senior year), I had a couple of FCS offers to play center and guard. But I kind of felt like at that point, where I was at, I would still be able to be in-state and not have to use a lot of expenditures because I had Zell Miller (a merit-based academic scholarship program) at the time, which would cover all the tuition for in-state students. And I had a Pell grant. And my mom's house was about 15-20 minutes away, give or take, from campus. So it wasn't a hassle for me to drive there and back, commuting early in the morning and late at night."

It was a long day for Moore as he commuted to school in Atlanta.

"I commuted for about two-and-a-half years," he said. "It wasn't too bad at all. Some people say the schedule is really busy. I would probably leave right around the same time some of the other coaches would leave. Say we'd have to be in the building by 7 a.m., I might leave the house around 5:30-5:45, go through the whole school day, we had a coffee shop on campus, and being a walk-on I still needed to kind of supplement some more time and have some money to cover other loose ends and stuff, so I worked at the coffee shop, worked night shifts on campus."

That's a man that's truly motivated and wants to do things the right way. Not only was his daily grind tough, from his GT media guide he was a NRE major on top of all that. Seems from the article it's possible he transferred back because of family. I wonder how much he could improve just by being a true scholarship player and focusing on football...

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion Moore has more than obvious value. We are thin at SDE (only Sylvain with risk and Robbinson). Moore could move to that spot or replace Scott or maybe Gore who can play the SDE spot if needed. Good insurance for Sylvain and raises my comfort level about SDE..

Last edited: