Tourney

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
My suggested course of action for all of us:
1) Enjoy the ride thru the ups & downs
2) Enjoy our players develop thru their mistakes
3) Recognize that the coaches are working their asses off, but things don't always work out game to game

Crazy talk! I can't do those things and start a FIRE THE COACH thread AND a NCAA tournament speculation thread.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
If anyone has the propensity to lose their **** after every loss by a team that is working hard to improve, then yes, correct.

Doubly correct when they're quick to lose their **** after a loss, but are a ghost after a win.

How about we win the ACC tournament and fire the coach this year. Let's have it all!

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
If anyone has the propensity to lose their **** after every loss by a team that is working hard to improve, then yes, correct.

Doubly correct when they're quick to lose their **** after a loss, but are a ghost after a win.
Best post ever dtm!

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck

AMEN!!!

GT11

GT Athlete
As fans, we need to be relentlessly positive. Our guys sacrifice 40+ hours a week practicing, watching tape, hitting the weights...doing school work while on road trips. Have their back no matter what. We will get there!
You are 100% correct. I actually believe some people think the kids don’t care sometimes. That’s bull. These kids give/care more than you can imagine. Try walking in their shows around the campus after a loss. There’s no where to hide. They need the support of all

Deleted member 2897

You are 100% correct. I actually believe some people think the kids don’t care sometimes. That’s bull. These kids give/care more than you can imagine. Try walking in their shows around the campus after a loss. There’s no where to hide. They need the support of all

I mean I guess I can’t say with absolute certainty I couldn’t have survived, but I honestly can’t imagine that I could’ve survived Tech if I had 40-50 hours removed from my schedule each week.

When Devoe kissed the front end of his 1 and 1 against Virginia Tech, he was obviously upset and down. Our guys were all over him to pick him up. I freaking loved that.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How about we win the ACC tournament and fire the coach this year. Let's have it all!
giphy.gif

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Where are people coming up with this GWU is ranked and/or they're gonna make the Big Dance stuff? Unless they win the Big South conference tourney, they'll be sitting at home in March.
They’re the best team out there who’s name starts with Gardner & ends with a word that rhymes with Jebb

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Might not be the best place to post it but Caesers just posted their NIt championship odds
Notable teams:
Georgia tech at 40/1
Arizona 15/1
Saint Mary’s 6/1
Utah state 12/1
A ton of teams: 30/1
Tied for 20th best in odds so a 6 seed prediction?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Might not be the best place to post it but Caesers just posted their NIt championship odds
Notable teams:
Georgia tech at 40/1
Arizona 15/1
Saint Mary’s 6/1
Utah state 12/1

Oh wow. Nice odds there. I'd be happy with a NIT berth. As long as this team is trending up, I'm totally for it. And the NIT would give us the chance to play at home a few more times.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I mean I guess I can’t say with absolute certainty I couldn’t have survived, but I honestly can’t imagine that I could’ve survived Tech if I had 40-50 hours removed from my schedule each week.

When Devoe kissed the front end of his 1 and 1 against Virginia Tech, he was obviously upset and down. Our guys were all over him to pick him up. I freaking loved that.

This. Sometimes our kids have more resolve and character than the adult spectators who "support" GT. The character our young men and women show representing the Institute puts them firmly (and forever) in my opinion into the class of deserving our full support. I am excited to see if we can make a run here through the conference schedule. Wins today help prepare us for the ACC Tourney as well. Something I would like to see us make some noise in again.

Go Jackets!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Notable teams:
Georgia tech at 40/1
Arizona 15/1
Saint Mary’s 6/1
Utah state 12/1
re: seed, don't forget that regular season champs that don't win their conference tourney are guaranteed a bid to the NIT. Lot of small conference champs fill the 8 seeds on up. Need to work up to a 4-5 seed to feel safe. Just like the NCAAT is not the 68 best teams.