Tourney

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Ya know if this team could win their next 2 & be 4-1 on conference & 12-6 overall , we’d probably be in the conversation for bubble for ncaa . Just a thought , I hope we keep improving

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Our remaining games are

@Clemson
UL
ND

@Duke
UNC
@FSU
Clemson
@ND
@VT
FSU
Pitt
@Miami

@UVA
BC
@NCSU

Bolded are wins in what would be to me be an optimistic outlook for the remaining schedule. Not to say we couldn't win the others or lose those, but if we continue to develop and gel I think we could realistically get to around 9-9 in conference. That would put as at 17-14 going into the NCAAT. The recent team that looks most like was WF from 16-17 who were 9-9 19-13 overall and made it to the first 4. To me we'd have to win 2 in the ACCT to make the NCAAT with what we have. IF we find ourselves in that position we will be looking back at the Gardner Webb game, along with a couple others, and kicking ourselves.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
why not? no one saw nit the first year.

difference between being the 60th best team that year and 44th to make the bubble is pretty big. 20% improvement over that team would be required. We are looking at improving, but being ranked high 90s in KenPom suggests well need a little luck, as we are towards the bottom in that category.
Potential is there if we get 20 wins, but we needed more than 9 wins OOC as GT has finished with an above .500 record in ACC play i can more or less count on one hand, and we still have UNC, Duke, and UVA to go.

Our remaining games are

@Clemson
UL
ND

@Duke
UNC
@FSU
Clemson
@ND
@VT
FSU
Pitt
@Miami

@UVA
BC
@NCSU

Bolded are wins in what would be to me be an optimistic outlook for the remaining schedule. Not to say we couldn't win the others or lose those, but if we continue to develop and gel I think we could realistically get to around 9-9 in conference. That would put as at 17-14 going into the NCAAT. The recent team that looks most like was WF from 16-17 who were 9-9 19-13 overall and made it to the first 4. To me we'd have to win 2 in the ACCT to make the NCAAT with what we have. IF we find ourselves in that position we will be looking back at the Gardner Webb game, along with a couple others, and kicking ourselves.

Next 3 games are against # 62, 24, and 111 RPI teams in order of schedule. If we go 5-1 to start ACC play, we will have a potential NCAA tourney team on our hands my friends.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I wish I knew the rotation for assistant coach game planning.

My gut tells me that Reveno schemed for cuse and Julian for georgie.

But, my gut typically tells me more bacon and less exercise is a good idea, so there's that.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a very young team which will have a lot of ups and downs until they can develop consistency. Winning at Clemson in Littlejohn would be huge. We rarely ever win there even when we have very good teams. I do not expect a win, but it is there for the taking if we play very well.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is a very young team which will have a lot of ups and downs until they can develop consistency. Winning at Clemson in Littlejohn would be huge. We rarely ever win there even when we have very good teams. I do not expect a win, but it is there for the taking if we play very well.
You’re right about little johnnie. We seem to screw the pooch there even when we have much better teams.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
While I think the notion of going to the NCAAT is not worth thinking about for a variety of reasons, I'll do my best at humoring the premise.

A good first step in qualifying for the NCAAT includes beating at least one team that is also going to the NCAAT. We haven't done that yet, imo.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Our remaining games are

@Clemson
UL
ND

@Duke
UNC
@FSU
Clemson
@ND
@VT
FSU
Pitt
@Miami

@UVA
BC
@NCSU

Gardner Webb & St Johns

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Last week, the “fire Pastner” thread was still blazing, so I’m gonna say run with this and bathe in this feeling for now. I hope this thread goes 75 pages long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just manic-depressive behaviour in basketball.

And we get baseball started in a month with that being the likely scenario.

At least football is stable manic right now without any real games. We get some recruits and it may get better.

But I like the manic better too.